Only runs on left cylinder 0-1/4 throttle

J-Madd

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is old, but I have an important update:

Even though I've sync'd the carbs a million times, that was the problem. The cable is in some kind of bind, though I don't SEE a bind. I can hold the throttle about 1/2 open and barely tap it some more and 1 slide will barely move, and the other won't. Once each slide is raised, both should always move at the exact same time, regardless of whether they're actually in sinc, right? I wonder if the spring tension could be higher in one carb???????

Anyway, I just have to re-sync my carbs several times a day while riding. They won't stay. The carb tops and cable holders are tight. It runs a hell of a lot better now.

Ju

Don't half ass clean 'em. Remove the pilots, and use a strand or two of speaker wire to clean out all the passages...and the pilot itself. Make sure the airscrew is removed and passage cleaned as well.

I set the floats level when turned upside down. Remove your needle. there is a spring-tip on it that hits the tab on the floats. make sure it is still "Springy"...

I don't know the exact height the floats should be, but...unless they're leaking, they're probably fine.

If they were stuck or not getting you fuel, it wouldn't be screaming after 1/4 throttle, quite the opposite would happen.

Dumb question, J-Madd...but are the plugs new and both gapped identical?

I'd almost bet it's a little dirt or sumthin in the carb on the pilot circuit.

To check easily, switch 'em....that wasy you'll know if it's carb or something else...

did you check to see if the reeds in the dead side are good