T5 spark arrestors.

the bike 02 banshee on T5's

Our local riding area requires for those pipes to have a spark arrestor on it. Are the T5 arresorts worth the money at about 80bux a pop or will other aftermarket ones work as well?

I know the clamp-ons may come loose but for the amount of times I need them it might be worth it.

All Ive seen is the "SPARKY" brand.

What are you guys using out there and how are they working out?

thanks for the help.

You got the wrong sparky's if they come loose or fall off.

The ones I got from Magic Racing clamp down and don't move.

I've had to take them off (for the A/F meter on a dyno) and I worked my ass off just to slip them off.

Toomey silencers have a lip that the sparky fits over...trust me, with the right measurement, they ain't coming off.

You got the wrong sparky's if they come loose or fall off.

The ones I got from Magic Racing clamp down and don't move.

I've had to take them off (for the A/F meter on a dyno) and I worked my ass off just to slip them off.

Toomey silencers have a lip that the sparky fits over...trust me, with the right measurement, they ain't coming off.

got pictures and a link of what you have?

how much they cost you?

Aside from the fact a single forest fire has never been attributed to an ATV/motorcycle....they require them for SAND DUNES...Silver Lake requires them.

Now...there are some slight, small wooded areas...but, c'mon.

It drives me nuts. People get around it by loading their quad in the back of the truck and bringing both into the dunes...but, the DNR will probably crack down on that soon, too... It's money for them, afterall.

Aside from the fact a single forest fire has never been attributed to an ATV/motorcycle....they require them for SAND DUNES...Silver Lake requires them.

Now...there are some slight, small wooded areas...but, c'mon.

It drives me nuts. People get around it by loading their quad in the back of the truck and bringing both into the dunes...but, the DNR will probably crack down on that soon, too... It's money for them, afterall.

we mostly ride dunes also. pismo,glamis, and dumont. these places dont enforce spark arrestors and probably not even required. so it sucks to have arrestors to be used just a few times.