I gots a new toy

Some of you might remember a week ago or so i wrote on here that my transmission went out on me on '04 silverado with a 4L60E trans. at 37,000 miles. Well I went to pick up the truck since they called and said that it was ready to be picked up(my old truck). I went down and traded it in for a '06 5.3L Z71 with the Victory red paint. It's not lifted but I will be as soon as I can. My brother runs Ron Baker chevrolet in San Diego and has a deal with Pro Comp to install the lifts on the trucks on the lot. I was thinking of putting a 6in lift and running 33in SuperSwamper trXus STS's under it since I hear greta reviews for awesome grip in sand and on pavement and have along life on pavement as well as great traction on dirt.

my friend has an '00 or '01 version of that truck with a 6 inch pro comp and hes got 35's with mild rub and very mild trimming. just something to think about...............

Thanks for the info!! Gives me an idea of what the limit is for tire size

Oh come on you needed a real truck................. :yelrotflmao:

Just kiddin' man congrats on the new ride. The trucks are made different, but my wife comes to me one day and says that she wants me to make her truck look like a truck. So, i took her 3/4 ton Dodge with the Cummins and put a 5" Superlift kit and 37" Toyo's and it, and it does not rub at all. I went with Toyo's Open Country tires because they actually make round tires (three or four piece mold), and don't vibrate at highway speeds. They do really good off road too. The Superswamper's and others are made with a two piece mold and are hard to keep balanced.

Just some thoughts................ :beer:

I had a 2wd Fabteck 7in SUSPENSION lift........and was able to put 35's on...........in my honest opinion I would shop around for a better kit than procomp...........I have pics in the images section under sanddunes if your interested............

DO NOT.......I SAY......... DO NOT PUT A BODY LIFT KIT ON...........VERY GAY A$$

NICE TRUCK , NOT DIGGIN THE RED THOUGH , LOOKS LIKE A FIRE TRUCK. GOOD LUCK

Yeah red wasn't my first choice in color but I can handle red, not a bad color when matched with some black. Once I get it lifted people will see me coming and get the hell out of my way.

Nice truck, but the color is a little bright for me too. I had a red truck a long time ago and I didn't like it and sold it after a year or so. It is your truck though, so if you like the color that's all that counts right..............

My wife's truck has a 5" superlift with 37" Toyo's on it and no rubbing or problems. It is a Cummins powered Dodge though and they have rather large fender wells to contain those beasts'..........

Congrats though.................. :beer:

• 2 months later...