Riding Boots

kb7kuh

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this (mods, please move if needed)

I have a pair of Alpinstar tech 8 boots that I have tried to wear but I cant shift. The dam things are so stiff, I can't move my foot to upshift. Any sugestions? I have heard that people put them on and hose them down to loosen them up.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this (mods, please move if needed)

I have a pair of Alpinstar tech 8 boots that I have tried to wear but I cant shift. The dam things are so stiff, I can't move my foot to upshift. Any sugestions? I have heard that people put them on and hose them down to loosen them up.

Duh I just looked and guess I should have put this in General Discussions Sorry

keep riding in them. You'll get used to them. I promise.

They restrict your ankle movement. Thats the point. To save your legs. Just keep using them. The next few rides will suck. In a month, you wont think twice about them.

Your legs and feet will learn to shift differently. Trust us. At least those who ride with boots. Before long you will not think twice.

And in the event of an sccident, you wont care how you shifted. You'll just be glad you still have an achilles

ya I wont even ride without my tech 8's, they are fun to get broke in but once they are you wont ride without them. Also if you are having a hard time getting your boot under the shifter you probabally need to move the shifter up, seems quads never seem to have a good shifter position for riding in boots until you move it up a few splines.

ya I wont even ride without my tech 8's, they are fun to get broke in but once they are you wont ride without them. Also if you are having a hard time getting your boot under the shifter you probabally need to move the shifter up, seems quads never seem to have a good shifter position for riding in boots until you move it up a few splines.

Moving the shifter up helps a lot.

i have t6's and yep, they are a pain till they are broken in. i wore mine around the garage and stuff and every time i went riding and it took a while but they are getting pretty comfortable and i'm getting used to them. i moved my shifter up a few splines too but i still had a habit of not letting it back down all the way after shifting, so you can grab it for the next gear. once you figure out 'your' little problems with them, you'll be happy with the stiff extra protection and won't go riding without boots again.