Rear suspension stinks! Need suggestions!

BANSHEEMANIA

Hello everyone. My banshee has +2 up 1 a- arms, and a +1 swingarm. I have a stock shock on the back and I'm bottoming out from about 5 feet of air. I only weigh about 170lbs. I traded some parts for another shock from a member of this site. I installed it and it feels basically the same as the one I took off. I can adjust the compression knob all the way both ways and cannot feel any change in the way the shock feels. I have the spring adjuster nuts all the way down too. My right side silencer is smashed right now and I don't want to fix it just to smash it again. Does it sound like I have two bad shocks to you guys. I can stand next to it and push the seat down about 6 inches with one arm. I can't afford to buy a new aftermarket shock. What's my best option? A used aftermarket, a used stock shock, have one of mine rebuilt, or is there a better shock off of another quad that will fit with minor mods? This really sucks! Used shocks are the way to go to save moey, but who knows how many I'll have to buy to get a good one. Any help would be great! I just want to get it fixed without dropping a ton of money. I just don't have it to spend.

Edited by BANSHEEMANIA

You should notice a differanct with all the adjustments at there max, thats for sure, I do and I'm 230lbs.

The only low cost alternitive is a used aftermarket shock or have 1 of yours revalved with a new spring, they actually work supprisingly well.

Hello everyone. My banshee has +2 up 1 a- arms, and a +1 swingarm. I have a stock shock on the back and I'm bottoming out from about 5 feet of air. I only weigh about 170lbs. I traded some parts for another shock from a member of this site. I installed it and it feels basically the same as the one I took off. I can adjust the compression knob all the way both ways and cannot feel any change in the way the shock feels. I have the spring adjuster nuts all the way down too. My right side silencer is smashed right now and I don't want to fix it just to smash it again. Does it sound like I have two bad shocks to you guys. I can stand next to it and push the seat down about 6 inches with one arm. I can't afford to buy a new aftermarket shock. What's my best option? A used aftermarket, a used stock shock, have one of mine rebuilt, or is there a better shock off of another quad that will fit with minor mods? This really sucks! Used shocks are the way to go to save moey, but who knows how many I'll have to buy to get a good one. Any help would be great! I just want to get it fixed without dropping a ton of money. I just don't have it to spend.

Give us a call at (219)313-1424. We can offer you some options and we may be able to fix one of the shock you have for as little as $55.

Shane

www.wolfpackracing.com

if your complaining about stock shocks then dont use them. upgrade to an aftermarket with better quality and you will be fine. mess around with the adjustments one at a time to dial it in and you will not regret it.. sounds like you actually use your suspension so dont bother with the stock upgrade rebuild crap. trust me they suck. gives you the fix for a little bit but wont last.. shocks are your best friends on banshees

if your complaining about stock shocks then dont use them. upgrade to an aftermarket with better quality and you will be fine. mess around with the adjustments one at a time to dial it in and you will not regret it.. sounds like you actually use your suspension so dont bother with the stock upgrade rebuild crap. trust me they suck. gives you the fix for a little bit but wont last.. shocks are your best friends on banshees

I like this guy :headbang: ....

Mike

Yes I am complaining about stock shocks, but I don't think I have a good one to test! Your saying there is no such thing as a good one, and thats what I needed to know. I know aftermarket is the way to go, but I was hoping there was something I didn't know. Thanks for the input and I guess I'll just ride it like a wus for a while and keep saving! All other suggestions or thoughts welcome!

Edited by BANSHEEMANIA

yep im actually saying it and i know its hard to accept but the stock shocks blow. i would tell you otherwise if i was a shock rebuilder but i dont want your money.. that stuff is good for mild use and to tune in your hill shooter or drag bvike to get better traction but if your into hard riding and jumping then dont mess with them. you already know this. you can also argue "yea not all people are rich and spoiled and dont have money for aftermarket shocks blah blah blah"... im telling you and everyone from experience. and im sure il get quoted a few times but i dont care what your arguement is..

hard riding/jumping=aftermarket shocks........ or you suck at riding.... :baseball_bat:

yep im actually saying it and i know its hard to accept but the stock shocks blow. i would tell you otherwise if i was a shock rebuilder but i dont want your money.. that stuff is good for mild use and to tune in your hill shooter or drag bvike to get better traction but if your into hard riding and jumping then dont mess with them. you already know this. you can also argue "yea not all people are rich and spoiled and dont have money for aftermarket shocks blah blah blah"... im telling you and everyone from experience. and im sure il get quoted a few times but i dont care what your arguement is..

hard riding/jumping=aftermarket shocks........ or you suck at riding.... :baseball_bat:

There's nothing better than the first time you over-shoot something by 10-15ft with a set of good shocks and clinch your ass for the landing...... just for them to soak it up and make that 2g's feel like it was well spent....

I tried taking the cheap route out when I first started trying to go big... all it did is end up costing me more money in the end from busted parts and doctor bills...... If you want to do it... save the money and do it right the first time....

Mike