Can I Beat Him

Rebel3190

They're is a guy that's got a yamaha yfz 450,with some worn out holeshot knockoffs,and he says alotta motor work,but it aint stretched out or anything,ive got the mods in my sig +CPI Inframes,Boyeson Reeds,An Alluminum Airbox/wk&n filter and outerwears?

also no airbox lid

Yea but id be real embarrased to lose to a 4poke!!! :baseball_wibble:

I really wanna beat him cause hes always runnin his head about it!!! :flamewar: :baseball_w00t:

Hey Chase,let me borrow your shee and kick his ass,we'll race for pinks and i'll sell his and split the $$$with you!!! :headbang: lol

You shouldn't have a problem unless you can't get any traction whatsoever. I had the same problem on loose pack racing some 4 strokes. I would run neck and neck with them even with my tires spinning, but couldn't pull away without traction. Race on asphalt and you've got it. The thing about the 4 strokes is their torque, they have way less tire spin and the powerband is smoothed out so they go on dirt pretty easy and make good use of their power. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

If his YFZ does have alot of work, and is not streched out then he will have a problem keeping the front end down, I have this problem with my yfz. Use that to your advandage, I'm guessing you'll have taller gearing also. That should help sence you'll be on pavement

what gearing should i run and will it be ok at the dunes?

Gearing depends on how far you'll be racing.For about an 1/8th mile,I'd try 15/41.

That will probably be too high geared for paddle tires depending on what kind of power you're making.

They're is a guy that's got a yamaha yfz 450,with some worn out holeshot knockoffs,and he says alotta motor work,but it aint stretched out or anything,ive got the mods in my sig +CPI Inframes,Boyeson Reeds,An Alluminum Airbox/wk&n filter and outerwears?

also no airbox lid

You should not have a problem on pavement.Ive been smoking a lot of the 450s on 300ft slickass hardpacked dirt.If your running 20" tires then r,n a 15/41 if your running 18s run 16/41.Ive been running modded ones and stock one about 10 or 15 yesterday and in 300 ft of dirt if I hook up decent off the line they dont even hang.The stock ones dont stand a chance in hell even if I dont hook,but there really not that fast so on pavment you shouldnt have any problem.The one yesterday that was hanging with me was a pretty modded new suzuki and he would pull me off the line every time and then I would blow by him about 3/4 off the track but the new suzuki are the fastest of any of the 450s ive raced, but not fast enough.

Edited by RILS

Well I was at my local dealership today picking something,and saw the yfz i wanna race in their and asked the head mechanic what was done to the motor and he said its a secret i said c'mon i wanna beat him on a banshee and he said ain't happenin I BUILT IT he is VERY over confiedent most people say he's a dumbass!!!So as soon as i get everything together i'm gonna race him.

Well I was at my local dealership today picking something,and saw the yfz i wanna race in their and asked the head mechanic what was done to the motor and he said its a secret i said c'mon i wanna beat him on a banshee and he said ain't happenin I BUILT IT he is VERY over confiedent most people say he's a dumbass!!!So as soon as i get everything together i'm gonna race him.

That guys sounds cocky, I think you should shut him down, make him think twice next time.