Bought a Lemon...

So would I be okay if I cut the domes .080 of an inch? I have access to a lathe and can get the guy to do it. Will this be okay?

How about jetting? What jets should I possibly run and what do I set the needle at? I am just asking for a jumping off point. thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So would I be okay if I cut the domes .080 of an inch? I have access to a lathe and can get the guy to do it. Will this be okay?

How about jetting? What jets should I possibly run and what do I set the needle at? I am just asking for a jumping off point. thanks

I have been going thourgh the samething.I would suggest calling david noss or cameron at redline racing either one of them can set you up with a set of domes for around $75.I was going to go ahead and put mine together and use the cylinders that i have but i talked to these guys and decided to wait and get my spare set of jugs done for this stroker reason being my transfers have been raised and will proably be to high for the stroker,but if your cylinders are stk you should not have this problem.Anyway you can call either of these guys and they will anwser all your questions and set you up with exactly what you need and proably ship them out the same day,i think they usually keep some stroker domes on hand.

It's difficult to modify a regular dome into a stroker dome. The reason is that if you cut .078" to .080 out of an existing dome, the remaining TDC volume is reduced by about 6cc's. You can't raise the bowl portion enough to regain the 6cc's back without the spark plug protruding down into the bowl quite a bit which isn't real cool. You can also regain some dome volume by narrowing the squish area but that changes the power characteristics.

I'm not just trying to sell a set of domes. Cameron and other builders also sell stroker domes.

They are usually just better if they are designed as stroker domes instead of modified to work.

Just my opinion.... :shrug:

got a reply from wiesco...

Hello Chad,

Thanks for the inquiry. For our WPC129 crankshaft, you would want to use our 795M series pistons, and the W6095 gasket kit ( for use with stock head & cylinder ). We you have a moment, please give our tech line a call at 440-951-6600 and we can go over all the details for you.

Best Regards,

Tom Davis x3109

Technical Sales

tdavis@wiseco.com

Wiseco Pistons Inc.

7201 Industrial Park Blvd.

Mentor, Ohio 44060

(440) 951-6600

now I geuss we can call the tech line!...

later,

Chad