very high idle..

JMaN05

alright, so after my TORS problem was solved, my quad starts up now(first time since new carb was put on). soon as i started it, she would rev to like 6,000 RPM's(may not be correct, but revs really high though). i have a single trinity 35mm carb kit with open filter.. luckily my quad starts on first kick, but as soon as that lever goes down it revs right up. any idea whats casuing this? i tried turning the idle all the way in(i believe that lowers it..)but it didnt seen to be any lower, maybe a hair. my next guess would be maybe the throttle cable is pulling, but its not, i dont think. it seems to be fine..

any ideas?

all help is appreciated!

thanks

Turning the idle screw in raises the idle, not lower...it pushes against the slide to raise it.

Check that.

You did turn in the idle screw...and NOT the air/fuel mixture screw, right?

Make sure you have a little slack in the throttle cable...pull the air filter off, and look down the back of the carb body...you should be able to move the throttle just a hair before the slide actually opens.

Make sure the cable is routed properly so it's not getting hung up on anything...

And lastly....and hopefully...it's not an air leak.

If none of the above work out...get a can of carb cleaner, spray it generously around the new intake system. if it dies down...you've got an air leak...

Good luck.

Edited by dajogejr

yea, i think i mostly got it. but the cable doesnt go all the way back down by itself. so i adjusted it so it idles there for now..until i have more will to play.

but when it give it throttle it will come back and rev a couple thousand RPM's more then it should, unless it push the throttle back. so its a little stick at closed. anything i can do about that?

i got it to idle fine now. by banshee was always a little weird idleing. but now i have the problem where my throttle cable won't retract all the way. it will go almost all the way back and it will rev a little high right there, unless i pushed the throttle towards me (to close slide)...what do you think about this?