piston/ring replacement

Hi, tomorow I'm gonna replace my piston,ring,wrist pin and needle bearing ( it wasnt broken but the bike is 7 yr old with opriginal ring) I have one question

In the clymer manual they suggest to rod engine by startin at idle 5 minute, look at spark plug, run 5 minute look at spark plug etc...

But they suggest a 16:1 oil/fuel mix ration but this is with yam lube... what ratio mshould I use with motul 800 syntec for firsts ride? I know it will be poor in oil to let the ring take form of cylinder but how poor do i need? I hope some one will help me before 2 morrow

thank u all

Hi, tomorow I'm gonna replace my piston,ring,wrist pin and needle bearing ( it wasnt broken but the bike is 7 yr old with opriginal ring) I have one question

In the clymer manual they suggest to rod engine by startin at idle 5 minute, look at spark plug, run 5 minute look at spark plug etc...

But they suggest a 16:1 oil/fuel mix ration but this is with yam lube... what ratio mshould I use with motul 800 syntec for firsts ride? I know it will be poor in oil to let the ring take form of cylinder but how poor do i need? I hope some one will help me before 2 morrow

thank u all

Dont use motul 800 syntec for your first ride, synthetic oil will not allow your rings to set properly because it lubricates to well! The best oil to run for the first tank of gas is honda GN2, thats what i was told from my engine builder and i have always used it. Mixing at 16:1 is not needed at all, just do 32:1 on the GN2 and whatever you like to use on the motul, i mix my castor 927 at 40:1.

Do a search for break in here...

I agree with Chris on the mixing it how you're gonna run it, the most common premix ratios are 32:1 and 40:1.

However...I've always used the type of oil I plan on running...no special "break in" oil needed.

Some will say take it easy for a tank of gas.

I would tell you to heat cycle it twice (warmed up idling, blipping the throttle occasionally, and letting it cool all the way down)...then go ride it like you stole it...

Personally, and this is MY opinion...just as we're all entitled to, I don't believe synthetics are too slippery to allow break in....

Again...do a search and come up with your own conclusion though.

When you do assemble it, PLEASE do not coat the shit out of the cylinder and crank bearings with two stroke oil. A light, light coat on the cylinders and a squirt or two on the rod bearings and you're good to go.

Edited by dajogejr