shee is real sick!

iam so frustrated, it seems like i have checked everything. She wont come up over 4000 rpms and needs to be pop started everytime. New plugs, new carbs, checked reeds, checked the timing(+6), checked compression 150 in each cylinder. what else could it be. it seems like she is running on one cylinder or somthing. once you get to about 4000 its like it just hits a rev limiter. does anybody have any ideas??? I was thinking it might be somehting eletrical???

thanks

sounds like it's electrical, possibly cdi or damaged flywheel gone BAD!

I agree, but lets get the easy question outa the way first... do you still have tors installed? TORS will do that exact same thing... unplug the tors unit and try again.

Edited by watkins

alright, i swapped out the flywheel and cdi(little black thing the hooks to the spark plugs). However the black box in the back under the seat has different wires so i did not try that one. But my ? is if the black box in the back is bad, will it run at all. Does anybody have any other ideas, could my wiring harness be bad?!?!?

any ideas at all iam on the verge of parting it out if i cant get her to run decent

Ok...first things first. The black box with spark plugs coming out of it (under the gas tank) is the Coil, NOT CDI.

The black box under the seat is the CDI.

A bad CDI could make it not run, could make it run like shit...and it could even make it run like shit Intermittently....

Sorry if that's not much help...but, it is the truth...:)

Not sure if this will help...but, I believe this is the break down in years of CDIs.

87 to 94 = same

95 to 96 = same

97 to 04 = same...

05 and 06 I'm not sure...

Of course, I have to have a 96...:)

Someone jump on in if I'm off on that...

Edited by dajogejr