I rebuilt my REAR shock,

racer

You had a chance to try it out yet?

Mike

i did today. it was fucking amazing + some more.

it was also my first time at an MX track, and this was one hard packed mofo. i flat landed every thing the first few laps and it soaked it up. i slammed right into the face of a step up and it soaked it up. there is still some fine tuning to be done, but it never clacked out hard. Racetech's digital valving specs are real close to ideal for me, but next time i service it im going to go a little stiffer on the High speed compression stack.

The 450 fronts on the other hand need some work. soaked up every thing but my rider shortcomings. meaning the real hard flat landings and the smacking into the face of said step up. i think the compression clickers are almost all the way in, and rebound is in the factory position. but i was very pleased with them too. just need some tuning.

Overall the combo worked very well, the tires only left the ground when I wanted them too. Im in a welding/fab class so some custom a-arms are in the design stages. Once i get those done and tested im going to revalve the fronts with racetech gold valves also, then it should be riding like a bike not designed 25 years ago!

i did today. it was fucking amazing + some more.

it was also my first time at an MX track, and this was one hard packed mofo. i flat landed every thing the first few laps and it soaked it up. i slammed right into the face of a step up and it soaked it up. there is still some fine tuning to be done, but it never clacked out hard. Racetech's digital valving specs are real close to ideal for me, but next time i service it im going to go a little stiffer on the High speed compression stack.

The 450 fronts on the other hand need some work. soaked up every thing but my rider shortcomings. meaning the real hard flat landings and the smacking into the face of said step up. i think the compression clickers are almost all the way in, and rebound is in the factory position. but i was very pleased with them too. just need some tuning.

Overall the combo worked very well, the tires only left the ground when I wanted them too. Im in a welding/fab class so some custom a-arms are in the design stages. Once i get those done and tested im going to revalve the fronts with racetech gold valves also, then it should be riding like a bike not designed 25 years ago!

Hell yeah Cole... you got the time and the recources so I guess it's worth a shot...

Mike

Hell yeah Cole... you got the time and the recources so I guess it's worth a shot...

Mike

thats true. the more i think of it, the less i would recommend just anyone trying it. it really helps alot if you have someone there to talk you through some of the procedures.

thats true. the more i think of it, the less i would recommend just anyone trying it. it really helps alot if you have someone there to talk you through some of the procedures.

I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone... too much of a hassle of fabbing up and R&D... it's alot more than making some bends and slapping a balljoint on the end..... I'm sure you know that though... all I can say is good luck :thumb: ....

Mike

• 3 years later...