Silencers pack full of sand on high wheelies?

Well guys, the worst you could do is laugh at me, but i ride in sand alot and my wheelies tend to get a bit high, on 5 occasions now ive had my silencers pack tight with sand!! not a major delema but i a bit of an inconvienece none the less. Im looking at shortening Them 4 inches but dont know for sure if the shortening willl effect the performance?? any Ideas? Thanks Guys, any input would be great!! Ryan

Edited by raptorooster

Well guys, the worst you could do is laugh at me, but i ride in sand alot and my wheelies tend to get a bit high, on 5 occasions now ive had my silencers pack tight with sand!! not a major delema but i a bit of an inconvienece none the less. Im looking at shortening Them 4 inches but dont know for sure if the shortening willl effect the performance?? any Ideas? Thanks Guys, any input would be great!! Ryan

Could you get a longer grab bar? :confused:

A shorter silencer will give you more low end, at least that is what the magazine says.

Silencer lenght all depends on the motor and the exhaust system in question. The principle behind all of this is resonant ram tuning. I would not expect to gain ot lose power characteristics either way unless you were somehow reducing or increasing flow with the modification.

:cheers:

Well then, im thinkin im gonna try to shorten them? got nothing to lose by doing so except for a set of silencers, wich wood be ok seein as how iv been looking for a good reason to buy some new pipes!! tahnks guys, Ryan

tell me about it. i run in sand too and scratch the shit out of my toomey hush kit by doing wheelies. i went so far as bending the center silencer out of shape during one praticular wheelie. i was actually going down the street scraping away at the grab bar and hush kit i was that vertical.

i think it would be easier to cut the stinger tubes which are in front of the silencers in order to shorten them a few inches. then just fab up some new silencer hanging brackets. i made my brackets out of an old car tyre, for vibration resistance. its like a rubber hanger on an automobile. it seems to really help with the noise.