Armadillo Chromoly A-Arms +2's

Turbobanshee_kid

YA the 450 shocks work great with +2 a-arms. I got the mounts on mine moved out to use the full length of the 450 shock but even with the normal mount placement the 450 shocks still work very good.

so What year YFZ450 shock sould i get? And they will would with these A-arms?

They have upgraded the 450 shocks every year so far so try and get the newest ones you can find, but they all work well. The 04's are stiffer though so if you're heavier you may want to go with them. I put some 06's on my girlfriends Banshee and they work great.

Yes they should work just fine with those a-arms... if the mounts are for stock length Banshee shocks you will have to compress the 450 shocks to get them in, and you will have to do a bit of grinding to get them to clear the upper mounts as well. Nothing major though.. I got mine on in about 15 min. If you are getting them made have the bottom mounts moved out about 3/4". Then the 450 shocks should go right in.

5'10 and 220 pounds what year should i get?

It's really up to you and how you ride... 04's are the stiffest, 05's and 06's are softer, you are on the heavy side and with +2 arms you have more leverage on them. If you do lots of jumping you may want to go with 04's. If you don't jump much but want a nicer ride go with 05's or 06's. Also if price is an issue the 04's are older so they are usually cheaper.

Edited by Ruko

Ruko, I have a question. can you relocate the mounts on the factory arms? im thinking about doing this, but i dunno if they will clear the upper arm, and i dont wanna be sorry.

-Cole

Nope it wouldn't clear... the upper arm is very close even on extended arms... I have Sanddragon arms and they just barely clear with the mounts moved out... It wouldn't help you anyway because the stock arms don't have enough travel. Even using the stock mount the ball joint is what limits the travel so they are already moving as far as they can. If you moved the mount out the a-arms still wouldn't travel any farther. Aftermarket ball joints or hiem joints pivot farther to allow more travel.