Porting experts

I've heard of ppl using them (vito's) with good results. I wouldn't try cutting up your stock pistons. If you read that whole article it says that the dome is raised, rings are lowered, skirt shortened, etc... Plus I beleive the vito's are forged?

that article is nonsense iMo ,those unreliable vito pistons wont make much of any diffenrece .theres NO replacment for proper porting and the exhaust needs major rewoking to make the real power... not just raised a measly millimeter :huh:

Don't cut the piston, cut the exhaust. First widen it to 70% of the bore width. If that's not enough you can start raising the exhaust ceiling up.

Edited by KEVSWS6

cuting the piston crowns is an old trick we use to change port timing without changing the actual ports,really only time you should cut the pistons are when you are looking to make small changes in port timing ect..Cutting the piston is mainly for experimenting before you alter the actual ports(that way if you dont like it,your not left with junk cylinders).My advice,if your only looking to make a small change,cut the pistons and see how you like it if its good and your happy,then port the cylinders.

Edited by Sprntr81