Racing the Banshee

Hey guys i hope to start racing later this year after i start making money at my new job. Im just wondering if any of you guys out there race banshees in GNCC. Thing im really trying to figure out is do i spend 3-4k on suspesion and other mods for the banshee or get a yfz450. I know its a 4-poke but i just dont see my banshee ever handeling as good as a even a bone stock yfz450. So if anyone has light to shed on my dilemma plz chime in. oh have fun flaming i know you will :P

Edited by EastCoast Banshee

If you plan on doing it seriously, and want to possibly go somewhere with it (one day pro) then yes get the 450. It handles better than banshee, and won't wear you out as quick.

But if you're just going to be doing it for fun, pimp out the banshee, and show some people that king isn't dead and gone yet.

I race my banshee in gncc started 2 years ago... personally i would rather ride my banshee out there than any 4 stroke you could throw at me. people may say the 450's handle better than banshees, personally I think its all about knowing your machine and how to throw it around. the last race i ran was in sparta kentucky last year and I finished 10th out of 37 guys and I was on my banshee not to mention its a j-arm shee :headbang: feels good showing these guys on 450's what a little bit of skill and the fastest screaming 2 stroke twin cylinder quad can do when you mix them together.......basically it's just personal preference...Didn't intend to light a fire under anyones ass...so don't take it the wrong way...

If you plan on doing it seriously, and want to possibly go somewhere with it (one day pro) then yes get the 450. It handles better than banshee, and won't wear you out as quick.

But if you're just going to be doing it for fun, pimp out the banshee, and show some people that king isn't dead and gone yet.

I agree, if you're just in it for a good time race the Banshee, if you're dead serious jump on the thumper bandwagon heh. I race NMDRC and have no plans to give up my Banshee (New Mexico desert racing is alot more like GNCC than SCORE), this season is a damn good one because there's a dude on a YFZ450 that's right there with me and every race is a close one. Maybe I'd have first in overall points instead of him (not by much) if I was on a 4-stroke, maybe not, either way it's a blast...especially when there's a long flat straightaway :bolt:

kim khunle and curtis crumop ran banshees in gncc for years,, and khunle even busted it out for one last year

the 450s are a better Xc bike, as they are easier to ride, but if youre not racing pro of anything, and its set up rigth,, it can hang with the best of em

and its damn cool to rip by a 4 poke with a screaming 2 stroke!!!

i run a yfz now in gncc, but plan on building a banshee for XC in the near future, and use it for selected races ,, keepin it real!!

Edited by helldriver

Yeah for the amont of races i plan to do i really dont see needing a yfz450. After i redo all the suspension im sure itll help alot. Also a hydraulic clutch, steering stabalizer, and some work to make the throttle easier to push. I think with those mods itll cut down on fatigue and allow me to keep pace with the 450s. :bolt: well now all i have to do is get endless amounts of money wish me luck :whoa: