Sierra Sands or Silver Laker Resort

Yaxy

Per recomendations I spent some time on silverlakesandunes.com trying to determine where to stay during our trip to silverlake. I made some phone calls to get prices and it appears that at this point the options are either Sierra Sands or Silverlake Resort.

For those of you who have visited which do you recommend? I would prefer a place with ample parking and in a more rural/safe envrionrment. Thanks in advance for your recomendations.

Chris

I've never stayed in either, when I go I either camp or drive up being Im about 45-50 minutes away. By the looks of it though I'd say Silver lake Resort has a smaller parking lot, I do believe it was a Best Western at one point. Its real close to the dunes, its right on the cornor by a boat rental place and next to the Silver Pointe gas station, Craig's Crusiers and everything else. Sierra Sands is about a mile or so away outta town and appears to have a much bigger parking lot. Both Places are fairly new and I'd say as equally nice, I wouldnt say either been around for more than 5-7 years but Im not exactly sure.

Thanks for the input. I will bring up these points up with the guy I am going with. At this point there are two of us going out there any I am meeting up with a couple members here from the HQ who I will be meeting with for the first time. We are going the week of juily 4th or the week after.

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

I haved stayed in both Sierra Sands and SIlver Lake Resort Hotel. I went a few weeks ago, and Sierra Sands was like $10 more expensive, so we tried the other one. Sierra Sands IMO is a cleaner hotel, and has a better lot. They are both somewhat family oriented, but Sierra Sands is more apt to yell at people when they get loud at night. The owners live in the front portion of the hotel....

Just my opinion...

I haved stayed in both Sierra Sands and SIlver Lake Resort Hotel. I went a few weeks ago, and Sierra Sands was like $10 more expensive, so we tried the other one. Sierra Sands IMO is a cleaner hotel, and has a better lot. They are both somewhat family oriented, but Sierra Sands is more apt to yell at people when they get loud at night. The owners live in the front portion of the hotel....

Just my opinion...

I'll second that...

Me and a bud stayed twice at sands....and it is a family "quiet" type place...

However, the resort has a pool and hot tub, and about 12 of us guys sat out in the parking lot after riding all day...BBQ, beers...was a great time....

I think we got a holiday rate about a month and a half ago... like 105 out the door for two nights...