hey, what's everybady doing

Nope I've got a desk job as an engineer, when I travel it's by plane :D.

517973[/snapback]

PTT, you must be a structural/civil guy.

You can almost spot an engineer from a mile away.

A lot of the older ones that I have worked with are headstrong as

hell. They think they are god's gift in some aspects. Most of the

youger guys that I have worked with are cool as shit tho.

I assume you have an office somewheres.

I do drafting and design work for a couple of engineering firms.

Actually, I wouldnt call them firms. One is a side job with some guys

that I used to work with that branched off and formed their own

company. The money is good in the engineering and construction

business from what I have seen.

:cheers:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop being so opiniated and maybe you wont be so lonely and there you go with that me-thing again-this is not about you-you live at home---sooooooo what-my business some what depends on the economy as with most buisness.knowledge is good,try getting some :lol: opinions are plenty :cheers: stupid me I asked for your life story and everything that effects YOU and only YOU :shootself: I bet half the people on here live at home-stay there while you can!We as a nation have the highest dept known to ever exist,dont worry my kids are willing to help pay for it in this GREAT economy,damn,they are still in school and already in dept.How many have LOST their pension in the last 8 yrs alone,dont worry its getting better according to brooke and bush or brookes bush :lol: I would vote for Brookes bush-the economy fixer :cheers: I think you enjoy this,you keep comming bac at me,I love the attention. Your turn :headbang:

PTT, you must be a structural/civil guy.

You can almost spot an engineer from a mile away.

A lot of the older ones that I have worked with are headstrong as

hell. They think they are god's gift in some aspects. Most of the

youger guys that I have worked with are cool as shit tho.

518023[/snapback]

I'm in the mechanical side and seemingly spend most my time as a project engineer for various jobs. I've got cranes all over the world that I was the lead on and I've only been working for 2 1/2 years since I got out of college. Middle east, Russia, Africa, south America, China, Gulf of Mexico...It's interesting what you said. When I'm onsite working with the shop guys I feel that I fit in better with them than the other engineers, they are the people I'm used to hanging out with. One of our drafters is one of my riding buds. But I tell you what when lunch time comes goodbye shop guys I'm going with the plant manager or customers they feed you a whole lot better.

I'm in the mechanical side and seemingly spend most my time as a project engineer for various jobs. I've got cranes all over the world that I was the lead on and I've only been working for 2 1/2 years since I got out of college. Middle east, Russia, Africa, south America, China, Gulf of Mexico...It's interesting what you said. When I'm onsite working with the shop guys I feel that I fit in better with them than the other engineers, they are the people I'm used to hanging out with. One of our drafters is one of my riding buds. But I tell you what when lunch time comes goodbye shop guys I'm going with the plant manager or customers they feed you a whole lot better.

518046[/snapback]

So, you're all over the god damn place. lol

Back before the co. I worked for went bankrupt, they had 2 small planes.

A leer and a beachcraft prop job and they used to send us all over the place.

That's cool man. I think im about 30 y/o and Im the youngest here, I think by 20 years. lol. We had an electrical engineer, that guy was a complete and

utter asshole. Still is as a matter of fact. I think he prolly 50 or so. <_<

Do any of your "fellow engineers" frown upon you riding your motorcycle?

Do you ride it to the office? I've caught all kinds of hell from fellas here. :lol:

Do any of your "fellow engineers" frown upon you riding your motorcycle?

Do you ride it to the office? I've caught all kinds of hell from fellas here. :lol:

518051[/snapback]

You've got to be a little leary of those electrical guys very few of them are "cool" :rotflmao: I can safely say there's no other engineers with bikes at my office, I never really thought about it though. The other engineers prefer their little Corvettes it's fun to go right by them on 2 lane on ramps :D I've had a few talk about riding my murdercycle and stuff like that and there's always the do you know how dangerous they are speeches. I tell them bikes don't kill there riders it's typically other drivers or the motorcyclist themself that is responsible. As long as you know your limits and pay attention to everything it's not that bad. With that said I had 3 cars merge onto me on Wednesday alone, no signals nothing but I knew they were coming and sped up and went on my merry way. I feel like doing a Rossi and giving them the finger but then again why take a bike to a car fight.

You've got to be a little leary of those electrical guys very few of them are "cool" :rotflmao: I can safely say there's no other engineers with bikes at my office, I never really thought about it though. The other engineers prefer their little Corvettes it's fun to go right by them on 2 lane on ramps :D I've had a few talk about riding my murdercycle and stuff like that and there's always the do you know how dangerous they are speeches.  I tell them bikes don't kill there riders it's typically other drivers or the motorcyclist themself that is responsible. As long as you know your limits and pay attention to everything it's not that bad. With that said I had 3 cars merge onto me on Wednesday alone, no signals nothing but I knew they were coming and sped up and went on my merry way. I feel like doing a Rossi and giving them the finger but then again why take a bike to a car fight.

518369[/snapback]

Yeah, you got to know where every danger is while riding a street bike. I can't count the # of potential disasters I have ridden out of when I rode on a regular basis. People just don't want to do right...

Rebel