any opinions ? or side affects ?

my top end is opend now and i need a rebuild ... but before that...i decided to do the following mods....

but first let me list my current mods..

thunder pipes

v-force 3 reed cage

wiseco piston ( going to get over .55 now)

clamp on air filters K&N

timing plate

reinforced stock crank

a messed up pro design cool head..

titanium needle in carbs

and jettings ( forgot which size )

thats all that i have in my motor...

and now after my engine died i decided to do few more mods...

since my prodesign head is a failure and a reason of my motor dying i milled the stock head 0.5 mm i want to know will i feel a diffrence ? and if i mill the head how much should i mill it for best and safest performance...

and im also porting my cyls

and im boring my carbs... but dont know what sizes ... ( explain to me )

and im getting new wiseco pistons.... now and after i got all these... im sure ill get more power...

but i want to know what do u guys think ? is there a better mod then boring the carbs ? i cant afford to get bigger carbs ...

Bore the carbs to a 28mm - adds a little ooomph

Mill the stock head .025" - adds a little more ooomph (compared to stock)

Port the jugs to suit your riding style. - adds a LOT of ooomph

Ditch the thunder pipes..Ive never heard of em. Getcha some SHearers, Rockets, CPIs, T5's or possibly (dare I say) some FMFs. - add even more oomph

If you are talking about Bill's Pipes, thunder series, they're fine.

I agree bore the stockers to 28mm.

Why mill the stock head?? He has a messed up Cool head..fix that.

Rocket Pipes, Shearers or CPIs are down the list until he's ready for a top end drag style pipe.

You forgot the two, simplest and easiest mods for a little gain. A Ricky Stator timing plate (35 plus shipping) and a lightened flywheel (prices vary...)

IMO, these two mods are a must for any shee owner after pipes and better air intake system...

yes thier bill's 4WT thunder inframe pipes... I used to smoke 5T toomey pipes all the time untill i lost my engines power .... and that was a time for a rebuild..

anway...now let me ask few questions,

1st ill start with a n00bitish question ... when boring the carbs which side should i bore ? both sides or just the IN air side ?

and about the lightened flywheel... should i send my flywheel over bored to the U.S ? or is there a company that sells them ready ?

and since i like to do my own stuff ... if i built a custom cold air intake for the 2 carbs will that increase power ?

and i already milled the stock head .50 mm ... and i dont want to fix the prodesign head cuz im sick of it...

thanks..

You bore out the venturi of the carb, not the slides.

That's the horizontal passage from your air filter(s) leading into your intake.

I don't think you'll gain much by a cold air intake. If your bike did 150 MPH..I'd say yes.

If all you did was drag race on pavement, it might be worth while...however, your probably going to suck in more dirt and crap than what it's worth...

There's really not enough speed involved to take advantage...like say a drag car or Nascar.

Secondly...your airfilter sits out in the open, somewhat...unlke a car with the air filter stuffed under the hood of a hot engine.

PM Boonman about your lightened flywheel. He works out of New York.

But...like you said...check with him to see if he'll ship overseas.