update on RD 400 crank in a banshee!

mattb348

Hey guys. I just found out why putting an RD 400 crank in a banshee is such a great thing. It apears that all you have to do is get a different ignition system, along with new pistons, when you put the RD 400 crank in.

The RD 400 engine is the same exact engine as the banshee, other than the fact that it is 50 cc's bigger, and has an older ignition system. This makes putting in an RD 400 crank ALOT cheaper than buying an aftermarket one.

I already have an RD 400 crank; I bought one on ebay for like $35 ($60 after shipping). Now I just need the newer ignition system.

Hey guys. I just found out why putting an RD 400 crank in a banshee is such a great thing. It apears that all you have to do is get a different ignition system, along with new pistons, when you put the RD 400 crank in.

The RD 400 engine is the same exact engine as the banshee, other than the fact that it is 50 cc's bigger, and has an older ignition system. This makes putting in an RD 400 crank ALOT cheaper than buying an aftermarket one.

I already have an RD 400 crank; I bought one on ebay for like $35 ($60 after shipping). Now I just need the newer ignition system.

507929[/snapback]

yo u have been misinformed , a rd400 is alot different i n the fact the engine is air cooled,igniton is different, the crank uses longer 115mm rods, it also is a huge +8 millimeter stroke compared to your banshee crank ,in other words its not gonan fit with out case trenching ,your port layout on your she jugs wil l not work eve n remotely close without major modification ,your pistons wont work either nor the head unless these things are all modifed . you wil l surely need way more than yo u thought :blink:

Edited by rocketboy

yo u have been misinformed , a rd400 is alot different i n the fact the engine is air cooled,igniton is different, the crank uses longer 115mm rods, it  also is a huge +8 millimeter stroke compared to your banshee crank ,in other words its not gonan fit with out case  trenching ,your port layout on your she jugs wil l not work eve n remotely close without major modification ,your pistons wont work  either nor the head  unless these things are all modifed . you wil l  surely need way more than yo u thought  :blink:

507936[/snapback]

I see. Thanks for the info. You seem to be very knowledgeable on this.

i didnt want to dishearten you ,just wanted to let you know theres alot of things that need done to make it work that yo u havent accounted for , but im sure its possible and where theres a will.... theres a way :cheers: good luck on your project

Edited by rocketboy