starting point

looking for a starting point, my brother just had his cylinders "drag" ported....added CPI pipes, 34 mm carbs, +4 timing .030" off the head...

need a starting point for jetting....he is at 5000 feet, and we are going to Glamis (sea-level) this weekend.....any help is as always appreciated

wow, your tellin' me this is a new combination? nobody has 34mm carbs and CPI pipes on their bike?

499934[/snapback]

Don't get your panties in a bunch...maybe if you gave us more info, you might have received a response you liked....rather than nothing

What kind of air filter setup are you running?

To be honest, the best person to tell you the starting point would be the person who ported the cylinders. Aside from that, if you're going down in elevation, you should go up on jetting.

okay they are keihn carbs(pwk I think), with clamp on air filters...has 145 mains right now....at 5000 feet but does not run right, falls on it's face top end, have not seen a plug yet so don't know as for the " builder" it is garage match port to my Uncles Trinity drag ported bike, but he runs a single 38mm carb....any ways i heard from a pal 165 mains is a good starting point? anyone think too big?

those are pj 34s not pwk

you adjust the idle by turning the choke knob.

probably has a ceg needle in it. my advice is to get a different one.

call sudco.com and get a cek, get some pilots 50-58 and couple mains while ordering. 140 -150.

you need 20 dollar min order but they have everything you need.

i couldnt get teh bike to run very well with ceg needle, for my setup dek worked good. your elevations adn mods cek would be pretty good for yours.

pm me if you need any other help with them

wow, thanks man, like I said have not puled a plug yet, but it sounds to be rich on top, at 5000 feet, so probably be okay at sea level. it has 145 in it...so should be close, he bought the carbs off e-bay....so someones bike ran with these jets...you think 140-150? that narrow of a range? I was gonna pick up some jets like 165 range, and work down?