Single Carb Jetting

Try one size smaller on the main jet and see if that helps and if it is better work your way down. Alot of my buddies are at 178 to 190--190 with port work at 500 above sea level. When i bought my shee it was 5 sizes down on the main jet-165 and had to have the choke on for it to run right--i rejetted that day and have had the same main jet (178)in for 4 years--you will know when its right and do a few plug checks. I'm sure someone else will chime in on helping you out---I'm no jetting expert. Good luck.

Edited by scuba147

What needle do you have?

The 190-175 mains are the range to see about working in. You might want to try the old trick of pulling out the choke to see if worse or better. You could alsotry moving the needle to see what effect there is. When you said that you played around with the air screw, was there any effect at all? I would think that you should have seen some kind of change from 1/4 to 3-1/2, one end or the other should have shown something. Like scuba147 said, once dialed in, you won't have much need to adjust anything but the airscrew.