bad powder coated frame?

ironhead

got my frame back from the powder coater and im not happy ! he used touch up paint on the 2 lower motor mount tabs and one other spot in the front end were 2 pieces vee together,pluse there are spots that range from a needle point to a pin head that are random around the frame.its like the powder didnt flow together in thease spots .the frame had a 2 coat job first a mimirrored silver then a trasparent blue over it . am i being to picky or did i get a shitty job?he said that the powder would not stick in those parts becase somtimes u can get a negative field at sertain points ,like trying to push to maggnets togather, so thats y he had to touch it up with paint .has any one ever gotten anthing coated and had pint on it ?

thanks !

it was all wrapped up in foam ,i looked at some but not all of it. i talked to him and im taking it back tommarow ,he said he counld redo it but it took four weeks to get it back the first time !im going to tell him ,if he going to redo it i want it by the end of the week.if he cant do it that fast than, i want my $ BACK

I got the same color done with my frame............and mine turned out very well!........If your not happy I would take it back ASAP before he he points the finger at you for any frame damage or touch ups :cry:

493437[/snapback]

mine ended up alot darker in the front compaired to the back ,did u have the same outcome ?

mine ended up alot darker in the front compaired to the back ,did u have the same outcome ?

493445[/snapback]

no not at all.......I have pics of my bike in the images thred...........I can actually see the Chrome under coat .............Its amazing........sorry bout the bad job from that guy........... :(

well i took it back today and showed him how bad it looked ,he saig he could resray over it to cover it up but that would make it darker :angry: .so i talked him down on the price, paid half price and told him i would live with it.he said he had never had any problem like that before with the pitting ,he thinks that maybe his filter screwed up or some dirt got on it some how. well now its time too start putting it back together :D thanks for the help gyes