kawasaki KFX400

tithead

hi all,

the only time i have seen a KFX400 was at a bike show a couple years ago. it didnt look to bad on my first impressions. i have never seen anyone on one and i have never heard of anyone owning one over here. im quite curious to hear from you guys what the 400 is like?

i think the KFX700 is a load of balls, slow, heavy, ugly etc... not interested in that at all!

any input would be apreciated as a friend of mine is going to be in the market for a quad very soon!

james

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my friends has one.It actually had more power than I thought it would.They are a fun bike.Don't expect to keep up with the yfz and the 450R,but they are a fun quad.The older ones had problems bending axles I think,and I have seen one that had some frame damage.The frame had a place where it broke.I figure it had been abused but still something to look for.

Guest nightmare

I have a couple friends that have them. They are very easy to ride wheelies on, and handle great in the trails. Just get a newer one,because when they first came out the rear grab bar was part of the sub frame (not bolted on like most).

The z400 is way better and faster then the 400ex. They are nice trail bikes. Do ok on the track, and good to cruise the dunes. I like it for a easy to ride bike. For the money you can't beat it IMO, around here if you get a 05 left over you can get it for $4800 OTD new.

:cheers:

my buddy has a z400 with pipe and suspension its got some pretty good power...great for trails and woods ridin...as for the 400 ex...believe it or not its slower than a z/kfx400 and still the same price. i'd definatly give a kfx a look  :dance:

492896[/snapback]

:cheers: my buddy has one too, just pipe though. good low-end power and good balance when riding wheelies :cheers:

oh i forgot to mention i bought the 04 and my frame cracked within 7 months...i had little 19inch fronts on it but shes cracked....gusset it the minute u get it....dont even ride it..bare performance baby! its like 429 for them to gusset it and powdercoat it to any color of your choice...

Z400 central forums!

493635[/snapback]

your anoying me now... this is a banshee site where i happen to be asking a load of experienced people about a kawasaki... not a suzuki.

i let my friend see what you said. he says he is please with what he has seen about this bike. he said to me last night the bike that he would be getting would have to suit a number of things. if he got the bike, he would prolly be wanting to do one or 2 races on it as well as trails, forest tracks (more xc) some road stuff... and it would have to be decent enough for his son. his son is coming up for 14 or 15 and is a damn big guy for his age... nearly or just over 6ft.

anyone got an idea of what would be suitable?