FAQ: How do I find my Elevation/Altitude ?

pipebomb

Q: I've just modified my engine and need to rejet my carb. How do I find my Elevation/Altitude??

A: If you've done work to your motor or going to ride in a place different from your normal spot, chances are your may need to tune your carb(s) to match the difference in elevation change between the 2 places so the motor will preform properly. This link will take you to a site where you can look up where you are or where your are going. this can allow your to make any neccessary adjustments to your jetting.

http://www.topozone.com/

Q: I've just modified my engine and need to rejet my carb.  How do I find my Elevation/Altitude??

A: If you've done work to your motor or going to ride in a place different from your normal spot, chances are your may need to tune your carb(s) to match the difference in elevation change between the 2 places so the motor will preform properly. This link will take you to a site where you can look up where you are or where your are going. this can allow your to make any neccessary adjustments to your jetting.

http://www.topozone.com/

488776[/snapback]

lokk at a rand mcnally map at the truck stops if you don't have one they show it or look it up on the web!! your area* elavation key words

I know that too, but you'd be suprised how many times I've been asked about jetting and the person has no idea where the hell they are. which gets a groan and a roll of the eyes from me. and thats when i send them this and say, "here, look it up and get back to me."

Edited by pipebomb