HELP! upper control arm removal

LiftdT4R

OK, really newb question here, and I definately know there is something extremely obvious I must be missing, but I have searched here, and I also read the Clymer shop manual for the Banshee, but I can NOT remove the pivot bolt in the upper control arm on my banshee. I removed the nut, and punded the hell out of it. It does not come out. The sop manual gives no specific instructions. I am trying to paint the A ARMs up front, as they are a little rusted from 4 years use. Thanks for the advice,

Jason

sorry, guess I should have been a bit more specific, it is the spot on the upper a/control arm where it mounts to the farme. I'll be damned if I can figure out how this bolt comes out, it has me super pissed, and I know it must be something simple.

damn, figured this was not good from the start, bad news is, the other side ain't any easier to get out. Whoever had this bike before me installed the bolts backward, so the threads are pointed back by the engine, extremely hard to get at. There was also almost no grease when I undid the grease fitting, so I'm guess that doesn't help either. I pulled the exhaust completely off, and I'll probably remove the fenders today, I'll give it a little bit of PB blaster and a 5lb mini sledge. Just wanted to make sure that it wasn't something easier, and I hope the bottoms arent as bad. Thanks!

Ok, gave just about everything I know a shot this morning. I punded the shit out of this with a 5lb mini sledge, and just about everything else, including my fists, when I got angry enough. I can not get this sucker to move, even 1 mm. They back, threaded part, of the the bolt is just kind of mushrooms out, and will no doubt eventually receed back to the frame. I am fresh out of ideas, and again, any help would be greatly appreciated. This bike was neglected by it's previous owner, and the greases fittings were rather dry, I'm guessing that's what caused this. I included a pic below, the threaded portion is circled in green, and the head in blue. Thanks again!

315.jpg

thanks, I tried to break out the sawzall, but I have had no luck, I tried to bend back the frame mounts a bit to get at it, but not really any room to work there. This one's really got me, I am off Thursday/Friday, and I allready spent the better part of the day trying to remove a signle bolt. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated,

Jason