Few Questions

zabobmx

I bought an 03 LE around Christmas time and then about a week after that, I decided to pc the frame, swinger, add some chrome etc. etc. Well its been about 3 months and have got it all back together except for a few very minor items. I got a few questions though.

I got 2 vacuum lines that I need to install. Where do they install to? I have looked on the carbs and see no ports. I see one port at the back of the case but where do the lines hook to.

Also I have 1 bracket with a sensor on it. Attached to that is a spring w/ a pre-bent metal rod. I though it had to do with the brakes but I am not sure.

Sorry for the dumb qustions but a buddy of mine got me into these things and he had a few that were running. Since then he has sold them and I don't have one to look at and the local yamaha shop hasn't had any for a while. If I had one to look at it would have been running about 2 months ago. TIA!

im thinking the "vacume hoses" are the lower end vent tubes. there should be one coming outta the rear of the cases and one coming out on top by the water pump cover, they connect with a T fitting and then rout it up by the steering stem. and the bracket with the sensor on it is for the brake light ... :cheers:

Ditch the T in those lines. Just more crap to run through your frame. I cut both of those vent lines and ran the rear one right down the back of the engine, and between the engine and frame under the bike, and the one up by the water impeller I just ran up, then down into that litle square mount on your verticle frame rail.