nerf bars

i bought these nerf bars and was wondering about the installation, you replace your footpegs and the nerf bar slide on to them. are they also suppose to attach right to the engine mount? in the front? i didnt get any hardware with the nerfs. i dont see how else it would attach. should i just go buy a longer bolt and make it go all the way through the frame and attach the nerfs to the outside with a nut? heres some pics of what im talkin about

nerfbars.jpg

enginenerfmount.jpg

the engine mounts bolt up from the inside if i bought a couple longer bolts it looks like they would come out far enough to put the front nerf bar mount on it and a lock nut to hold it on. does anybody have experience with this?

I dont experience but u need to bolts u could call the company that sold u them and get two bolts sent to u that piss em of but id just go to car quest or a hard ware store t get them qwick and u can bolt them nice lookin nerf bars u got on. nik

whats up buddy. i just bought a pair that look very similar to yours. that bracket goes on the inside of the frame on mine. The pic you posted has the bracket on the outside. so you will take that bracket on the nerf bar and put it down under the first frame rail and up between the middle. try that. it should eliminate that space because its now on the other side. did that make sense? let me know and if you need me to take some pics of mine for you i will. good luck

i think i understand what you are saying but if you could take some pictures that would be awesome. basicaly your just saying i dont need new nuts/ bolts just put the nerf bar bracket on the inside of the frame right ?

likethis.jpg

when i hold the nerf bars up on the bike it doesnt seem like it would fit on the inside like you say but i may be wrong.... :confused:

exactly. thats probably why there was no hardware included with your nerf bars. i believe there is a bolt already in the frame at the connection point. i think you take the bolt out of the frame, put the nerf bar bracket on the inside of the frame and put the bolt you just removed back into the nerf bar bracket and then the bikes frame were it originally came out. ill be home in a couple of hours and ill check my bike again and snap some pics for you. Im not positive that this is the right way because i have not installed my nerf bars yet but when i lined my bars up it seems to work. good luck, Peter

Hey myquadsfaster im having the same problem as you but how did you take the stud out of that hole on the upper mount mine came with hardwere that soposto go in there to attach thembut im stumped on how to remove it to instal my ac nerfs please help anyone and checkout my pics of them in my thread

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58018

Edited by savage420

how did you take the stud out of that hole on the upper mount mine came with hardwere that soposto go in there to attach thembut im stumped on how to remove it to instal my ac nerfs

i thought those were just bolts ? they dont come out when you loosen them? i havnt tryed putting them on yet i dont have the hardware to do it like you say but i will let you know when i try....

here ya go, i have the ac pro pegs, it should have came with a longer bolt and a nut that you run through the engine mount with a nut on the other side to tighten down the nerfs, heres a pic of mine

ProPegandShocks019bhq.jpg

i think i had to pull both pipes when i put em on, u may not have to?

instead of runnin the bolt from the outside in like i did, run it from the inside out, that way you only gotta loosen one nut to get the bars off, i didnt think bout that at the time, hopefully this helps

Ok but there is just a nut and a stud in the place where im soposto put the bolt i can un do the nut and take it off but how do i get the stud out ???can you chech on yours and see if its the same mine is a 2001 :confused:

here ya go, i have the ac pro pegs, it should have came with a longer bolt and a nut that you run through the engine mount with a nut on the other side to tighten down the nerfs, heres a pic of mine

instead of runnin the bolt from the outside in like i did, run it from the inside out, that way you only gotta loosen one nut to get the bars off, i didnt think bout that at the time, hopefully this helps

485783[/snapback]

Ya but how did you get that bolt in there mine is a nut on the exuast side that comes off but how do i get the stud out ?

or how did you do it?thanx for the pic

485783[/snapback]

Ya but how did you get that bolt in there mine is a nut on the exuast side that comes off but how do i get the stud out ?

or how did you do it?thanx for the pic

hey savage, im not sure what your talking about with the stud mine is just a bolt that screws in and out, im just going to get a longer bolt that comes out the other side of the hole and put the nerf bar mount on that and hold it down with a nut.

when i line my nerfs up tho, the front brackets stick out about a half inch on both sides from the outside of the motor mount? so i guess im just going to have to make spacers to fit in between the frame and the nerf mount to take the space?.. thats all i can think of to work :wacko:

Edited by MYquadsFaster