+4mm long rod Jugs+ new pistons & domes

Ducman

Jugs are from my 04' banshee motor dune ported with a tripple exhaust port (adds 2 small bost ports on either side of the main exhaust port) for a +4mm stroke long rod crank. They were done by Shorty's Racing near Portland OR. They said they built their motors using CPI's so I immagine they would work best with CPI's. I dynoed 65 SAE hp. With the perfect tuning and supporting mods, I'm sure 70 hp would be possible. I dont have a copy of the dyno sheet because it went down with my old computers hard drive last summer. The jugs were ran for approx 150 hrs (one season) on the first set of pistons after porting. They have been professionally tollerance checked and honed, they are 64.5mm bore, .020" over stock bore, ported for using a +4mm stroke crank and stroker domes. One stud had to be professionally heli coiled and holds 20 ft/lbs no problem. My large ass weighs 270 lb and I could ride 5th gear wheelies no problem on a stock swingarm. I never got beat by any YFZ450 going up sand mountain even when I was just running a stock swingarm and sandstars.

Noss cool head style Stroker domes are 19cc and require 100 octane, or 50/50 110 race fuel and pump fuel. You dont need a spacer plate under the cylinder with these (just a .030" stock base gasket) domes and the squish came out to a perfect .030". They were custom cut by Noss Machine for a little more emphasis on mid range power rather than all top end.

The pistons are brand new 795 series forged Wiseco 64.5mm .020" over bore. They will typically cost at least $165 shipped new.

I prefer to sell all as a package deal but may separate if I can line up buyers for each individual part. I accept paypal or Money Order. Will go on e-bay in about a week or 2 if no interest here.

Cylinders $425 shipped

Pistons $150 shipped

Domes $75 shipped

All three package deal $575 shipped. Cylinders, Pistons, & domes shipped to your house for the same price as a good port job.

1.JPG

The boost port (one of the 2 ports, tripple port exhaust) is shown in the top middle of this cylinder.

2.JPG

Boost port as seen llooking into the main exhaust port from outside the cylinder, theres one on either side of the exhaust port. They are just above center, angle upwards and come out even with the top of the exhaust port inside the cylinder.

3.JPG

Intake

4.JPG

Thanks, Zack

just had a few questions,

set up fpr CPIs, do you think FMF fatty's would work well?

you had this set up on a 4 mill crank, would this work on a stock crank for awhile?

what size carbs where you running?

thanks

jarrod

479583[/snapback]

FMF's would probably give it a lot more low end power and make the power more trail-able but not as much peak HP. I was running Rockets and 34mm TM Mikuni's, it came on the pipe at 6K and peaked out at almost 10K rpm. It is a dune port motor and has pretty low static compression because the exhaust port has been raised a lot. I'm just taking a guess, it would probably run like a full drag port on a stock stroke, power would be all or nothing, basically it would probably run like ass on the bottom end, good for sand only, but I'm sure you could do it. The domes would not work with the stock stroke either.

I dont know why the pics aren't working yet today, I'll have it sorted out by this evening. I think it is just a glitch with propichosting.com

I would not consider the porting mild but it is not too wild either. I had no problems trail riding it and I was running Rockets, but it is a somewhat top-endy dune port, and like I said the exhaust port has been raised a fair amount. Static compression is about 150psi when the motor is fresh with 19cc domes.

Shorties used to sell a lot of stuff online and started having some terrible customer service problems. Not very long after I got my motor back from them their web site shut down and you could rarely get anybody to answer the phone or call back. Sorry, I dont have their # anymore and I don't know how to get a hold of them.

could you do a pic of the side of the intakes to see of they are welded to support more aggresive porting.

If you had a better (more clear) pic of the intake

thanks

jarrod

479951[/snapback]

The cylinders have not had any welding done to them. Heres another intake pic, about as clear as I can get with my camera. And another pic from inside the cylinder looking out the exhaust port.

5.JPG

6.JPG