STOLEN BIKES IN OREGON!

Schizo

i had my brothers and my bikes in my garage when someone tried to steal them, we had 5 dirt bikes <one storing for friend> 2 brand new srteet bikes < R1, cbr> my banshee and his 450, 60-70 thousand dollars ,they were all locked together with KRYPTONITE cable locks, i was out of town for the weekend and they tried what looks like all night to cut them . they never got through them, those locks save our bikes buy them they are worth every penny i have like 5, i lock my bikes to the trailer or truck when i take them out ,look away for a minute and some asshole will steal them.

now my garage is alarmed to keep out the pieces of shit!

ps i think KRYPTONITE will pay if your bike is stolen while locked up if they get through lock.

Oregon's probably the worst F'n state to get your shit stolen too. You don't need a title or proof of ownership to get an off road sticker for them, so titles are pretty much worthless until you go to sell it.

Sorry to hear, Schizo. Post some pics ASAP, so people can keep an eye out for them or for distinguishing parts.

Damn bro, sorry to hear it.

When I camp somewhere for more than a day I usually take a big military surplus baracks tent. Sleeps 6 people I think. We can pull our bikes inside the tent with us at night. That and the red healer alarm are a pretty good deterant. If that's not enough, all the guns we are usually shooting off around our camp lets people know what the other anti-theft option is. :cheers:

Hope you find them!

Recovered....The police have recovered 2 out of 3 of the stolen bikes, the TRX450r and my sons Banshee. Unfortunately they also recovered my Banshee but it was only the frame, completely stripped and they have not located the parts yet. They do have more suspects to contact about the whereabouts of the parts though. They arrested 2 juveniles and later released them to their parents. The 2 bikes that were recovered did have some damage done to them as it was clear to see that they were riding these bikes and wrecked them. Aren't the parents liable for their children's actions untill they are adults? do I smell a lawsuit coming on here?...hmm

Hell ya those little fukers parents are 100% liable unless they are emacipated. You should go after them with vengance. Which riding area or where is Honeyman State park? Oaden's right. Oregon is terrible for stolden quads. At Winchester bay, I here about a lot of stolden quads, and have seen quads abandon when the fukers apparently thought it was too risky, like they were going to get caught so they ditched them along side the road. I have tied a few quads together with a smaller guage locked cable outside the RV myself. I think I will beef up my security before my next trip.

Recovered....The police have recovered 2 out of 3 of the stolen bikes, the TRX450r and my sons Banshee. Unfortunately they also recovered my Banshee but it was only the frame, completely stripped and they have not located the parts yet. They do have more suspects to contact about the whereabouts of the parts though. They arrested 2 juveniles and later released them to their parents. The 2 bikes that were recovered did have some damage done to them as it was clear to see that they were riding these bikes and wrecked them. Aren't the parents liable for their children's actions untill they are adults? do I smell a lawsuit coming on here?...hmm

478986[/snapback]

If you know who they are, hang out in a dirty part of town and hire some miscreant to beat them to death with a base ball bat.

I'd go after the parents all the way. If they did a better job their kids wouldn't be such little fuckers.

Hell ya those little fukers parents are 100% liable unless they are emacipated.  You should go after them with vengance.  Which riding area or where is Honeyman State park?  Oaden's right.  Oregon is terrible for stolden quads.  At Winchester bay, I here about a lot of stolden quads, and have seen quads abandon when the fukers apparently thought it was too risky, like they were going to get caught so they ditched them along side the road.  I have tied a few quads together with a smaller guage locked cable outside the RV myself.  I think I will beef up my security before my next trip.

479757[/snapback]

Honeyman state park is in the Florence area dunes, about 20 miles north from Winchester Bay. Definitely need to make sure those bikes are secured well and sleep with one eye open because these thievin little bastards are brave and come right up on your campsite even if they are locked up.

Sorry to here your story. I have a cable alarm lock 120 db that I put through the frames then in the toy hauler window and lock it around the table post. I feel sorry for anyone around that trailer if that alarm ever goes off. A Colt Combat Commander 45ACP is pretty loud, and I would hate to wake the whole campground shooting some dirtbag trying to jack my quads :D

Edited by kb7kuh