how to tell how to jet it

kazaa187

k i jus put a toomey t5 on my bike wit a 36mm carb an k&n airfilters an vforce reeds an i couldnt get it pinned in 6th but i got it on 4th an shut it down an i pulled the spark plug an it was a gray color so i jus wanna no wat that means an wats a close estimate i should jet it at

Well if it is gray, that would indicate that it is lean. You are wanting to shoot for a light chocolate milk type color. White/gray, is too lean, dark brown/black is too rich. However, when you say you weren't able to get it into 6th, do you mean you just ran out of space, or would it not clean out and pull through 6th? Because if it is the latter I wouldn't expect a gray (lean) plug color. Also make sure you are pulling both plugs, even though you are running a single carb, it is still possible to develop an airleak, say around one reed block. Sorry, don't have any experiece jetting the single 36mm.

is that wat happens wen u put parts on it runs leaner?

465650[/snapback]

Not really that simple. But in this case yes. What you have done by adding the pipes, as well as the K&N's is increase the engines ability to take in and expel more air. You've "opened" it up so to say. Anytime you affect the engine's ability to intake or exhaust more or less air, you will have the basis for changing the jetting. If you are able to add parts, and the engine requires more fuel (would be leaner without jetting adjustments), this is a sign that you have increased the performance and power capability of the engine. I would think that dual 36mm would be really big for what you've done so far. Is the bike ported, or is it just filter and pipes so far. If nothing else has been done, you may actually be holding the performance down, as compared to stock carbs, for now. Even if you were ported on stock cylinders, I would think these would be kinda big (correct me if I'm wrong anybody), probably more appropriate if you were running Cubs or something along those lines.

Good choice by the way on the pipes, you'll find they come highly recommended for many types of riding, a great all-around performance set of pipes. Lends well to future mods. Now it gets expensive :whoa:

k i jus put a toomey t5 on my bike wit a 36mm carb an k&n airfilters an vforce reeds an i couldnt get it pinned in 6th but i got it on 4th an shut it down an i pulled the spark plug an it was a gray color so i jus wanna no wat that means an wats a close estimate i should jet it at

465592[/snapback]

Grey plugs indicate your running not enough oil in the gas....put some oil in her!!!! Mix a tank of gas at 32:1, plugs will turn brown after that.