Trade 'Shee for sportbike

CoolRaptor2001

Testing the waters right now, depending on what offers come up.

I have a 1997 Yamaha Banshee with fresh rebuilt motor bored .60 over with Wiseco Hotrods crank and rods, vitos cast pistons, stock pipes, new clutch plates and springs (stock replacement-need replaced again, read below)), new waterpump seals, ITP holeshot rear tires, Full skidplates except a-arms, 2001 blue plastic with CEAT graphics kit and seat cover (looks sharp), pissed off eye headlight covers, TORS removal kit, New carb (cant remember which, think it was left), K&N air filter, airbox snorkel removed, rear brake caliper cover by maier, teather kill switch, new front wheel bearings, all new suspension bushings just over a year old, AC rear grab bar and front bumper(front bumper is bent some from previous owner) and new shifter. Have a spare rim(matches the rest) and a small box of oil for it somewere too.

The bad:

The key-ignition switch is wired backwards. The handlebar kill switch does not work, however the teather kill switch does.

It needs 2 front tires, the ones on it are bald and need filled with air every day or two.

I think it may need new clutch plates soon. Tranny got stuck in 3rd gear while out riding one day and by the time I got it home it was slipping some. A dealer went thru the tranny and fixed it (cant remember what was wrong) and I had them put all new waterpump seal/gaskets, and all gaskets on the righthand side of motor in.

I dunno if its the jetting or what but it is very very cold blooded, more so than other banshees ive seen. Sometimes takes a few kicks too start :shootself: but that might be from not being ran regularly. Runs fine once its warm though.

Like i said, probably jetting of some sort.

Motor was rebuilt about 2 years ago, has maybe 20-25 total riding hours on it since then.

No good places to ride anymore, and I got my drivers license about the time I got the shee (almost 3 years ago) so I got busy with other things. I never rode it real hard, altho iam the 2nd owner I believe. HAVE TITLE.

The Camaro is bad on gas in the summer so I need something to drive during the week.

Looking for a yzf600, R6, gsxr600, ninja600. Mileage is not important just so its not overly high. Dont matter if its stock or not. Dont want anything over 1000cc, i dont want to die and/or pay higher insurance for a litre bike.

Must be reliable.

Iam located in southeastern Ohio(Marietta) by the Ohio river and West Virginia border. Would prefer someone close or someone who can meet close because I would have to borrow a truck to take the 'shee to you.

Pics available. Didnt post them here because the pics are on another computer at the moment.

Let me know what ya got!

Hey dude i am in IL and have a 96 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6 with only 44xx miles on the original motor.

have a 96 ZX-6 Kawasaki Ninja fs or F/t that i am looking to get around 3500 obo for it. or a banshee for it. i would like a older one with a little bit of cash but i would probably take a newer one.

bike has a yosh system exhaust on it. and a clean title and plate on it for IL.

the bike was dropped by the previous owner and so the one side fairing is scratched its not to bad but just to let every know. also the clutch cover is scratched but no leaks. Other than that the bike has never had a problem starting and runs like a new one.

if you are interested in it plz post offers for me here or pm me.

here are links to the pics

http://www.geocities.com/powerade04/DCP_0681.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/powerade04/DCP_0695.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/powerade04/DCP_0696.JPG

Unfortunatly indiana is a bit too far for me to travel. I would have to borrow my grammas truck and she doesnt want it going outside of the mid ohio valley/west virginia area :yank: I asked her about it today and thats what she told me.

Sorry man, nice looking bike you have there too banghead

((((As of now iam still unable to borrow another truck besides my grammas so to anyone interested we would have to meet within an hour of Marietta ohio, right on the river by WV))))

Gonna put it in local paper and see what happens also so ill post on here ASAP if it gets sold.