Dunno What to do

87TwoStrokeShee

Ok, ive read alot of forums on this Trinity stage 4 intake 2 into 1, and not one really awnsered the question im looking for. I do mostly dune riding and trail riding, around Michigan. The question i have is will it work good for me on a NoN Ported engine. with the mod in my sig. Is it worth it , will there be increased power im goin to get? Help me out. :shrugani:

Edited by 87TwoStrokeShee

I think they're a good mod for anyone that isn't looking to eek out every last horsepower. You'll lose just a bit of power on top, but you'll gain it on the bottom. Throttle response will be better and you'll never have to sync carbs again. Also, jetting litterally takes about 1.5 minutes total.

I'm not running the trinity. I made my own graydon-style intake out of some spare aluminum. I ride dunes almost exclusively and I'm very happy with my single carb.

I just looked at your mods. You should look into trading those 9 paddles for some 8 paddles. You don't have enough power to warrant the extra paddle. Its slowing you down.

I think that the single carb gets a bad rep because the majority of banshee owners are power hungry. Whether they need or can even handle that power never enters into common thinking. Unless you're dragging and its really important to you that your bike is the fastest at the hill, I think the single carb is a great mod. The benefits of having some low end, great throttle response, and easy jetting are worth it in themselves. Add to that a cleaner engine bay and much easier trouble-shooting with engine problems and it really makes it a no-brainer. Basically it comes down to this: If you want more power, go duals. If you want more reliability, rideability and ease of use, go single.

I just looked at your mods.  You should look into trading those 9 paddles for some 8 paddles.  You don't have enough power to warrant the extra paddle.  Its slowing you down.

I think that the single carb gets a bad rep because the majority of banshee owners are power hungry.  Whether they need or can even handle that power never enters into common thinking.  Unless you're dragging and its really important to you that your bike is the fastest at the hill, I think the single carb is a great mod.  The benefits of having some low end, great throttle response, and easy jetting are worth it in themselves.  Add to that a cleaner engine bay and much easier trouble-shooting with engine problems and it really makes it a no-brainer.  Basically it comes down to this: If you want more power, go duals.  If you want more reliability, rideability and ease of use, go single.

459835[/snapback]

hit the nail on the head.

with the constantly changing temps at silver lake i love mine. when i ordered it new came out the box spot on. just had to set the idle. buy a used set up. if you dont like it you can sell it no problem. but i don't see that happening.