First Banshee

matthoyda

I Live in north west Ohio and I have had a honda cr 125 and 250. I primarly ride in the woods. I love hills and more diffucult trails. My question is how would a banshee do in this type of setting? I have heard about how awesome they are in the dunes and pretty much in everything, execpt I havent heard much about them in the trails. I have been a long time banshee lover, but never had the chance to own one. My other question is how are they on the duribility scale? Everyone says motocross bikes are high maintance, but i took care of mine and never had any problems.....would a banshee be a same way? I would love to buy a banshee, but i just want to make sure it will work for me first....

Thanks for any responces

Edited by matthoyda

durability wise same as mx bike, if you take care of it you should have no problems. The only problem that might come up ( same as the bike) if your in tight trails you have no air going through the radiator you might get hot.

I trail ride a shee with no problems, just takes a little more clutch work then a 4 stroke. It takes a couple mods to make them trail ridable just like the 250 you had. skids, low end pipes, ect.

but if you want something to trail ride and still be able to putt putt around and still be fast I'd look at the new 450's

:cheers:

I think pretty much everyone would agree that it isn't the best choice for trails, but there is so much avaliable for them that you can really taylor it to what you want. Some people say they suck on trails - not true. Like the other guy said - just set it up right. I have mine set up for trails, some tips are full skid plates (chassis and swing arm anyway...), tires (I have 22" holeshots and 20" knarleys - both are really good.) Then start looking at shocks, low end pipes, maybe a 2 into 1 intake, trail port job, endless...shocks and tires do wonders for them, stock shocks and tires are pretty bad.

As far as reliability - I've ridden 2 strokes for 20 years - I'll never give them up. My buddies ALL have 4 strokes, and I am never the one who breaks down. Just liek your MX'ers, if you maintain it, it will treat you right! Nothing like the Banshee rush - my vote is to buy it.

Hey I live in North west Ohio also. I've owned a couple different of different quads, my Banshee being my third(owned an 03 LTZ-400 and a 98 Scrambler 400) so needless to say I've been all over the spectrum. If your used to ridding reeded motocross 2 strokes, this should not be a change of flavor for you, to an extent. Ofcourse the Banshee is going to require more ridding when it comes to the trails, as you will need to keep the thing on pipe to get anywhere but you should be used to it. Most complain about how 2 stroke are a pain in the ass to keep running and tend to load up on you, but I beg to differ. Banshee's can be decent trail bikes and love to hill climb.

I loved my Z-400, however, in the short time I've owned my Banshee I'm proud to say it makes my Suzuki look like a child's toy.

After all that said, where in Ohio do you usually ride?

NotsafeFWD...... I live about an hour south of Toledo in a small town called Tiffin. We have a motocross track down here but i mainly ride on our 500 acre farm. We normally take a couple trips a year to Waynes Nation Park down in southern Ohio. If you know of anywhere else fun to ride around here it would be great if youd let me know.