Maxxis 4-Snows

420_Big_Bore

Yes,get the 8's.The smaller rim ='s more sidewall.I think this allows the tires to expand more (get taller) than a 9 will.Probably will want to use around 2 or 3 lbs. of air pressure.They are kinda of like a top fuel tire(NHRA).With the air pressure low enough,they will be fairly wide upon take off.They will get taller once you get going actually making for a taller gearing.This will help your top end.

Edited by race-a-holic

When u say that all drag racers use 8" tires and 8x8 rims, does this mean with any tire, because i have just asked a person where i was going to buy these tires from, and he says that these maxxis 4-snows wont work well on medium-loose clay surface.If this is true, what other tire (and size of tire) would be the best?

PS: I am currently running Kenda Dominators, but the tread is low, and they dont hook up.

If you take it to the dirt drags,then you probably know which guys are the guys to beat.What do they use?Nearly evey track is different.The guys to beat may have figured out the best tire to use.I figure they are using the 4-snows or pro-wedge tires.I've never raced there so I personnally don't know.Probably should ask them what gearing seems to work the best too.Hope this helps.

Edited by race-a-holic

Thanks, but there arent many good banshees up there, i just race there for practise and test n' tune, because in MARCH there is a major drag meet somewhere else. But whateva tire i go for is it better to go for the 20's or the 22's. For example: Maxxis Razr II's 22x11X9, 22x11x10 or same but 20".

Just to clarify the surface again:Very moist at the start line and loose clay, after about half track the surface turns quite hard and dry.

I really need the holeshot and TRACTION.

If your lookin for good hook on moist dirt i recommend the Pro Wedge IIs. They have deeper tread and dont flex as bad as the 4snows. If you dont find them locally let me know as i have some!

They are new! We ship all over from here in Kansas.

You have a pm.