Crank

#1banshee

I 2nd wiseco for everything, v force reeds, and keihin PWK carbs. If you're replacing all that you might want to consider going with a longrod stroker. The cost difference would be minimal. A little extra for the parts, the milling of the stock head, and then porting.

wiseco h129 crank (+5 longrod, +4 stroker)

wiseco 795 series pistons (to accomodate the longer rods)

You'll want at least 33mm carbs, but 35's would prolly be better. You'll need to get porting done to get the most out of the added stroke.

Oooo...makes me wish my crankcase was clear:

H129.JPG

Edited by Wallrat

Ok i was on wiseco's web site and i see that they sell carrillo rod's and i know there very good because a set of 8 for my mustang they were lil over 2 grand. If i call carrillo do you think they can make a custom set for me?... im going with the H129 Crank 5mm long rod, 4mm stroker...doing the 795 pistons 66mm/2.00 gives it a 370cc..isnt bad ehh? what bout trinty carbs are they any good or?...is there any specific v force reeds i should get? should i also get a cub 4 mm? or what...dont want anything to radical or should i just get my head cut and ported?....quad is just gunna be for fun trail riding and hitting the dunes maybe a few times out of the year...i just want a fast reliable quad with good parts... all your guys info helped me keep it coming thanks

Cubs are really nice if you wanna go that route. Really there's no downside to running cubs vs. ported stock cyls. The only drawback you might say is you might have to run a longer swingarm to handle the extra ponies. For some terrain this isn't a problem, but you will lose some handling and traction.

If by Trinity carbs you're refering to these: http://www.trinityracing.com/products/yama...ee35mmcarb.html

Those aren't made by Trinity, they're Keihin 35 PWK's purchased by Trinity through www.sudco.com.

Cubs are really nice if you wanna go that route.  Really there's no downside to running cubs vs. ported stock cyls.  The only drawback you might say is you might have to run a longer swingarm to handle the extra ponies.  For some terrain this isn't a problem, but you will lose some handling and traction.

If by Trinity carbs you're refering to these: http://www.trinityracing.com/products/yama...ee35mmcarb.html

Those aren't made by Trinity, they're Keihin 35 PWK's purchased by Trinity through www.sudco.com.

444996[/snapback]

yea i was looking at those carbs. I will be running a 2+ swing arm i guess if anything just port & polish my heads and screw it..? I mean it would be nice to get the cubs but i dout i will use all that hp around here & trail riding & sumtime doon riding..ehh see what happens i guess if anything just do my heads and thats it...