tire size upgrade

manban

I am currently running 23-8-10 front 22-12.5-10 rear good clearance for rocky trails that i ride, 14/41 gearing and its not a problem Ive got pipes and a open box for extra power. Its an 87 so my trans is different gearing though.

For MX it would be bad. No point in having ground clearance there, all you do is raise the center of gravity. That and the bigger tires will weigh more, and suck horsepower. For harescrambles it would be good, although you would probably want to gear down. I used to have 22" holeshot XCTs when I first got my banshee, and once I went to 20" XCRs, I won't go back.

Edited by dawarriorman

That is about the max tire size that you would want to run on the front and back. I think it would suck for mx. 22" rears are going to be pretty bulky and make it harder to slide the back end around. It will give you more ground clearance for rockey gnarly trails. If you run 22's in back then a 13 tooth in front will give you similar to stock gearing. 14 tooth with 22's will be prety tall.

Sounds great, so now with the info you all are giving me I will get 20x11x9 shreds or max and what about the front 22 or 23. On ATV sport kory ellis said he likes to ride 23 up front 20 rears gets more grab on the front end , and puts the front end up higher upon take-offs . Then again he rides honda 450. On a banshee front is already light & nose up happy right?

Thanks once again