Oval track races

jmoore

There is a 1/8 mile dirt oval called Cedar Lake speedway in western Wisconsin. I went there for the first time today. They had a bunch of motorcycle classes and an open atv class. There were a few banshees there to my surprise. Mostly four strokes though, 250r's and 450's I think. They look the same to me. Anyway, the banshees were loaded with the basic mods and they did ok. I went to the pit area to talk to them and asked if they were members of the HQ. Nope! Anyone here race on ovals? It looks like something I might do next year if I could figure on how to setup the shee for this type of racing.

I raced Blasters at the start of the year on a 1/7th mile... It seemed like i was doin 100... Then i purchased a banshee.... When i rode that on the clay it got bite and it really ROCKS around there.... I needed more HP cuz i got my ass whooped on the Blaster cuz i was fatter than the other kids...

I race with 250rs, 450's and all this other stuff... I am one of 2 banshees in my class... I strapped my quad so it only has a little travel in the back... then strapped the front so i can adjust in for my cornoring... No sway bars or stabilizers....

Overall i have beat some guys there are 10 in my class and i get 3rd about everyweek...

Only about 15$ worth of good straps and some tires and i was ready to rock....

It is the most fun ive ever had... wait til' u get the feeling of jus throwin it in flat out and having the ass try to come around on you... Its AWESOME!!! :cheers:

Edited by Bettler Banshee

I raced Blasters at the start of the year on a 1/7th mile... It seemed like i was doin 100... Then i purchased a banshee.... When i rode that on the clay it got bite and it really ROCKS around there....  I needed more HP cuz i got my ass whooped on the Blaster cuz i was fatter than the other kids...

I race with 250rs, 450's and all this other stuff... I am one of 2 banshees in my class... I strapped my quad so it only has a little travel in the back... then strapped the front so i can adjust in for my cornoring... No sway bars or stabilizers....

Overall i have beat some guys there are 10 in my class and i get 3rd about everyweek...

Only about 15$ worth of good straps and some tires and i was ready to rock....

It is the most fun ive ever had... wait til' u get the feeling of jus throwin it in flat out and having the ass try to come around on you... Its AWESOME!!!  :cheers:

426892[/snapback]

werd..

There are flattrack races in Ardmore all the time. They have them at the hardy murphy place. You can find alot of those races on flattrackmac.com . They also do alot of indoor racing at Kellyville, it's south of Tulsa. If you get a chance these races are alot of fun. Next weekend is the gold rush, it's a cross country race at hallet, if you like that kind of riding it's alot of fun.