Anyone here a Civil Engineer?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try any branches of the military... they have civil engineer fields and basically pay to train you, instead of you paying to be trained. Only down fall is basic training for 8 weeks, but what's 8 weeks of getting paid to get yelled at. Something to think about.

not fields are deployable... i'm not. most are though, and unfortionately, CE deploys alot. Not sure about any other branch, but the Air Force deploys for 90 days at max for most fields, except if there's extreme circumstances, then they can extend up to 180 days. If college is already paid for, then do that, but if not, i'd rather have the extra money... on top of getting paid to learn. Just me though.

Are you looking to relocate or just schools in your area?

My nephew was about a year from getting his degree when his girlfriend went and got herself knocked up.

I think he was getting his degree from Weber State University. Utah State has a decent program too. I have a brother in law getting his mechanical engineering degree there.

I'm sure University of Utah has a good program as well. They seem to have the best of everything in the state there.

Kinda makes me wish I would have gone. :cry:

Not really. :)

I was looking for Online schools, so i dont have to relocate and can still work.

Most of these online schools are just to get your masters in civil engineering so you already need to have your bachelors I cant find a school where you start from scratch.

I was looking for Online schools, so i dont have to relocate and can still work.

Most of these online schools are just to get your masters in civil engineering so you already need to have your bachelors I cant find a school where you start from scratch.

422443[/snapback]

When you say bachelors degree, do you mean you have a prerequsite of a bachelors in civil engineering or just a bachelors of anything?

My wife got her BA from Univeristy of Phoenix. You can take their courses on line I do believe but not 100% on that.

It also costs more than a University. Around 7 bills for the class and about 2 bills per class on books.

Her BA cost us around $40K, which isn't bad. Her masters is only going to take a year and cost us under $10K.

When you say bachelors degree, do you mean you have a prerequsite of a bachelors in civil engineering or just a bachelors of anything?

My wife got her BA from Univeristy of Phoenix. You can take their courses on line I do believe but not 100% on that.

It also costs more than a University. Around 7 bills for the class and about 2 bills per class on books.

Her BA cost us around $40K, which isn't bad. Her masters is only going to take a year and cost us under $10K.

422451[/snapback]

do you mean you have a prerequsite of a bachelors in civil engineering= Yes, I think hehe, but also im only 21 Phoenix i think is 24yrs or older. And they do not offer Civil Engineering. When you click receive more info etc... it asks you to enter the date you got your Bachelors degree. I have found one school

http://www.edstudentservices.com/EnrollOnl...nfo_1bALL.jhtml

But it says you get your AST? I cant figure out what AST is really. I dont want to spend all this time and $ on school and get some homemade certificate from them that means jack to other colleges to get my bachelors you know?