Need help asap

I previously advanced my timing to +4 and lightened my flywheel and I cracked one of the little peices of enamel on the stator. About a month ago my lights went out. The bike still ran fine but two days ago I changed my timing to +7 and it ran good as well. I went out yesterday to ride and it started on the first kick and then it cut off. I thought it just choked off. So I tried to start it and it wouldn't fire for anything. I put a screwdriver in the spark plug cap to see if I could see some fire but I cant. So I took the flywheel off again and inside was my woodruff key that is supposed to be on the crankshaft. So I put that back in the slot and put the flywheel back on and tried to start it and it wouldn't fire. The only thing I can think of is that my stator went out. Like I said one of the electrodes that has the enamal coating on it was cracked from before and my lights had already gone out. I am thinking that since it requires a hotter spark at +7 and because maybe my stator was already weak that it just went out. Is their anything else I can do to check before I buy a new stator. Also about the degree key or woodruff key, does it just rest in the slot or do you have to kind of knock it in the slot. Please help need advice.

im running a new ricky stator i belive its more powerful ...... no way to check from what i know of , check ebay and get a new one . if u say ure lights no work and ure stator had some chipping off of it , its bound to be bad so go with ure insticnt. Good luck bro

Does anyone else have any advice.  Need to fix as soon as possible

416951[/snapback]

my stock stator went out the same way u described / no lights then it just got worse from there. replaced her and she was was runnin like a thief from the cops =-)

Well it was a little scratched and nicked but very minor. So I smoothed it our with sand paper and it does fit in the groove fine, but it seems like it was sticking up out of the groove to much. I just wanted to be shure. Also if the flywheel is lined up properly with the key then it shouldn't come out right?.

Appreciate it man. I am going to do an ohmmeter test before I buy one but I do feel that the stator just punched its last ticket. I highly doubt my coil is bad being that my bike is a 03 and never been abused or left in the rain. Also doesn't ricky stator have discounts through banshee hq?

Appreciate it man.  I am going to do an ohmmeter test before I buy one but I do feel that the stator just punched its last ticket.  I highly doubt my coil is bad being that my bike is a 03 and never been abused or left in the rain.  Also doesn't ricky stator have discounts through banshee hq?

416973[/snapback]

I don't think so but I could be wrong, it's always worth asking when you place your order. An ohm test would be a good idea just to be sure, but I think it's safe to say your stator had its better days and is time for a new one. Your coil shouldn't be bad, mine is a 95 (original coil) and still firing like a champ