TR-6's Trouble

87TwoStrokeShee

It sounds like you have them set up fine, but did you ever think to read the instructions that came with the pipes or contact Toomey for their reccomendations?

Wheatchex

430367[/snapback]

Toomey sends a set of 270's and a set of 280's. But they send those jets with the kit that you mod the airbox and with the kit that you completely remove the airbox. The 280's are scary white, I had an old set of plugs in on my first WOT check, and it cleaned and whitened them right up, which spooked me. I'm running 340's now and my plugs are absolutely perfect, got pics for the doubters.

Ok, so those are the jets they send with the air box mods. That makes perfect sense if that is the only thing you do. However anytime you change the intake or exhaust system you need to rejet, so it is clear that your main jets would need to go up higher than 280 if you add pipes into the mix after doing the air box. I would think that Toomey would have some pretty good recomendations based on the fact that they most likely have tried all of the intake/exhaust combinations that they manufacture. They also don't want customers coming back to them and saying that they burned up an engine because of incorrect jetting. The fine print on their instructions may cover their butts in that regard if there is a disclaimer that says you are responsible for correctly jetting after installing their products.

Wheatchex

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Toomey on her problems and they told me to buy a dyno Jet kit. IT came with 270 280 and 340 mains. Its running good at the 600 ft elevation we live at. it got great throttle respones and is great top end. 340 Main Jets Stock Pilots and air screws 1and a half turns out. Her SHEE ScReAmS :evil: