Stock "hand shaved" head

hardly used..never used since the "hand shave"...the hand shave is practically all of the casting flaws and pits are sanded down then polished..suppose to really rip..never got to try it out but my neighbors worked REAL well..he even did his wifes bike..he says its better than his old milled head..$40+shipping

yeah i am interested this will bump my compression up how much?

395470[/snapback]

this actually lowers your compression by removing material from the combustion chamber.

I do this mod for my friends, but i mill them from .025 to .060 depending on what they want. Before i polish them.

this actually lowers your compression by removing material from the combustion chamber.

I do this mod for my friends, but i mill them from .025 to .060 depending on what they want. Before i polish them.

395498[/snapback]

you got it backwards my friend, there would be not point in lowering your stock compression :rolleyes: unless you want less bottem end than it allready has :huh:

you got it backwards my friend, there would be not point in lowering your stock compression :rolleyes:  unless you want less bottem end than it allready has :huh:

395593[/snapback]

Nope don't have it backwards. By polishing the combustion chambers it lessens the compression by removing material but it also improves detonation resistance by removing sharp edges and places for carbon to deposit.

I then mill it .025 - .060 to raise the compression for improved performance.

Nope don't have it backwards. By polishing the combustion chambers it lessens the compression by removing material but it also improves detonation resistance by removing sharp edges and places for carbon to deposit.

395767[/snapback]

You do know that its lessening detonation resitance because you have less compression; coming from the removed material. Not because there aren't sharp edges, that shouldn't matter much. But on the other hand, "shaving" the deck, lowers the combustion chamber closer to the piston at top dead center, thus creating less room, ae= more compression!! :cheers:

395767[/snapback]

I see what your saying now, sorry about that bro :flush: