35pwk single carb what needle ?

Hi

I am currently doing a single carb convertion on my 2005 i have a set of 35pwk with the manifold but i would like to change to the single for a number of reasons, i have heard that u hafta change the needles on these carbs when changing to the single.

I stay in South-Africa so there are not allot of guys that have even heard of a single carb on a banshee.-hence my problem-

I am having a manifold cast for this and will make the neccesary mods to airbox ect, but im worried that not having the right needle is gonna make this convertion a bigger problem that it currently is !

is there anyone that can help , remember im in Africa so it will have to be a needle that i can pick up from either keihin or a local dealer.

(sorry about some of the spelling)

thanks

jacques

Standard for the single carb on a banshee would be a DEK. I personally think a CEK would be too lean at 3/4 with a PWK unless you lived at a higher altitude.

In some instances, the stock porting on a banshee won't quite give it enough vacuum to get the fuel through at 3/4 to WOT. I've seen more than a few like that. In that case, an EEK makes a great needle for that.

I'd buy a DEK and an EEK and see which one works best for you. The two are identical except the EEK is richer in the 3/4 to WOT area, comes on quicker and lets more through in that range. Don't get that confused with the clip area, technically, clip position shouldn't change between the two. If you find yourself needing a pretty large main jet, that could be evidence for needing the EEK needle. On a ported motor, there is quite a bit more vacuum due to the extra flow coming through and this will let the DEK be a good choice in that instance. I was using an EEK and after all the portwork, I went back to the DEK.

Hope that helps.

Scott

Hi

I am currently doing a single carb convertion on my 2005 i have a set of 35pwk with the manifold but i would like to change to the single for a number of reasons, i have heard that u hafta change the needles on these carbs when changing to the single.

I stay in South-Africa so there are not allot of guys that have even heard of a single carb on a banshee.-hence my problem-

I am having a manifold cast for this and will make the neccesary mods to airbox ect, but im worried that not having the right needle is gonna make this convertion a bigger problem that it currently is !

is there anyone that can help , remember im in Africa so it will have to be a needle that i can pick up from either keihin or a local dealer.

(sorry about some of the spelling)

thanks

jacques

386218[/snapback]

stage11 porting stageiv pipes air box lid removed 19cc domes trinity 2 into 1 c.v intake my jetting was 58 pilot 4th clip on a dek 205 main hope this helps

stage11 porting stageiv pipes air box lid removed 19cc domes trinity 2 into 1 c.v intake my jetting was 58 pilot 4th clip on a dek 205 main    hope this helps

386389[/snapback]

205 main thats unreal where do you live at to run that

im at 900 ft with a 60 pilot, dek 5th clip adn 140 main and its a little rich on the top

205 thats just plain huge

does it even run with that huge of a main

youmust be on alcohol???

The internals in the engine is stock (no porting) im at about 5500 metres above sea level and running on 94 octane pump gas.

I am currently running a 145 main and 55 pilot on the twin 35pwk s with the standard needles.

Does the same apply ?

whats the problem with the standard needles ?

thanx

jacques

whats the problem with the standard needles ?

thanx

jacques

386523[/snapback]

the stock porting on a banshee won't quite give it enough vacuum to get the fuel through at 3/4 to WOT. I've seen more than a few like that. In that case, an EEK makes a great needle for that.

This might be a dumb question but i have phoned around and im not getting any joy, the EEK and ECK needles that i need is that the make of needle or just a model ?

If its the model who are the manufactures these needles ?

And is there a specific needle to get ?

Thanks for all the help so far !

jacques

This might be a dumb question but i have phoned around and im not getting any joy, the EEK and ECK needles that i need is that the make of needle or just a model  ?

If its the model who are the manufactures these needles ?

And is there a specific needle to get ?

Thanks for all the help so far !

jacques

386867[/snapback]

order them from CarbParts.com. Just look the phone number up and call them directly. Tell them you need an EEK for a PWK carb and they'll know exactly what your talking about. I'm also trying to figure out why you want an ECK, I'm not going to tell you to not try it if you think you need one, but that seems like it would lean out the L1 and clip area too much. If anything, on that carb, you'd need to maybe richen it up due to the vacuum issues.

The needles are Keihen needles and the EEK or ECK or DEK designates the needle exactly, I guess you could say it's a model number, but each letter designates a part of the needle. For instance, the first letter (lets use EEK) is an E. This first position designates the needle taper. D would be leaner than E, and C would be leaner than D, get it? The middle is for designating what they call the L1. The L1 is the clip area and the portion above the lower tapered area. Finally, the last position is the overall diameter.

Here's a chart that shows you EXACTLY what I'm talking about. It might take a few minutes to get the jist of the chart becuase it can be confusing, but once you get it, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Keihen PWK Needles

hi, i am at 1000 elevetion and i have big port work ,k$N filter , no lids ,ptr mid pipe, 4deg adv,cool head 20 cc dome,and i am running a 52 pilot jet , eek needle at 3 clips and 210 main and its perfect tan

:bolt:

387225[/snapback]

That was my EXACT jetting at 660', only I'd often be in the 4th clip, but sometimes 3rd.