-2 Swingarm

Got some questions for the people who know their swingarms. I basically understand that a roundhouse carrier eliminates the shitty chain adjustment, but what is the total difference mechanically from a stock carrier?

378339[/snapback]

Rond house vs. Stock, the majority is going to be the chain adjustment and axle alignment. There might be some weight savings between the steel carrier and the aluminum carrier. I know with mine, when I put the bearings in I don't have to pound the fuck out of them to get them in, plus they are better aligned. The axle will just drop right through both bearings unlike when I was using my steel carrier and I still had to hammer my axle in and out of the bearings, then beat the shit out of the bearings to get them out.

mine too, and im sure thats just great for service life.  :shootself:

378351[/snapback]

Yep. If I fucked up and needed to take the bearings back out (like when I forgot to put the spacer tube between them), might as well buy some more bearings. Now its not a problem. The only problem I have is I usually end up pinching my fingers between the carrier and the brake hub shoulder when the axle drops through and I'm not ready for it.

Got some questions for the people who know their swingarms. I basically understand that a roundhouse carrier eliminates the shitty chain adjustment, but what is the total difference mechanically from a stock carrier?

378339[/snapback]

Other than what you know they look better with less parts to fail or come loose.