I think I have Carb Problems

Just came up from rebuild couple days ago, bottom up everything is new, I've been breaking it in and noticed it has been a little hesitant in low end and then when you get to top end it bogs after half throttle, i took the plugs out one side it nice and dark but not to dark and the other side is a little bit lean, The only mods i have are tommey t3 headers stock silencer k&n filter with lid off airbox & lightened flywheel, the carb has 260 mains in them, I just cant see how my g/fs raptor is outrunning me on road when he only has lile bolt on nothing major besides his gytr pipe. anybody have any suggestions? banghead

Just came up from rebuild couple days ago, bottom up everything is new, I've been breaking it in and noticed it has been a little hesitant in low end  and then when you get to top end it bogs after half throttle, i took the  plugs out one side it nice and dark but not to dark and the other side is a little bit lean, The only mods i have are tommey t3 headers stock silencer k&n filter with lid off airbox & lightened flywheel, the carb has 260 mains in them, I just cant see how my g/fs raptor is outrunning me on road when he only has lile bolt on nothing major besides his gytr pipe. anybody have any suggestions? banghead

377620[/snapback]

So your saying that I need a new topend even after i just replaced it, if that is so how am I supposed to even tune this thing in without it frying my topend if the jets are wrong? I messed with it all day I have 210s I put them in and it seemed to run a little bit better both plugs equaled out running a little lean but the plug is light brown, Everyone has told me to run between 210's and 260's. Also how do I check for an airleak? :shootself:

Ok here it is:

Lightened flywheel

Wiseco prolites

boyesen carbon reeds

airbox lid off w/ k&n filter

Toomey t3 headers w/ stock silencers

carbs have 25 pilots,

and currently I have 210 mains now. I had 260 mains

the air screw is 2 turns out

it feels like it is getting hotter tan usual it is hard on the take off real sluggish and top end isnt great niether. I did a search on here on how to do a WOT plug chop but all the links are dead, Also can you tell me how to check for an airleak?

Just wanted to clarify everything. thanks

depending on elevation

stock pilots, needle in the 4th clip, some 300- 340mains

that would be close at 900 ft.

if your higher elevations 380-320 mains

sea level320-360 i would say

your bike is hot because its beyond too lean so its hotter

Stock banshee's have anywhere from 200-220 mains...you really screwed up when you put the 210's in (way lean, makes it really hot) how long did you run it with them in? Get 300-330 mains (start with 330's and work your way down) and put in 27.5 pilots. Here is a good web page on jetting Jetting FAQ.

Alright This morning I put 300's in and now its running rich and hard to keep cleaned out, and it doesnt have the ass behind it on the top end niether.

I did find the reason one cylinder was lean, the header came loose from the silencer, so pretty much that cyclinder was breathing good i guess. I knew I'd have to tune it so i didn't really ride it just up the orad not even half mile then back around the back yard then I'll pull the plugs and see what they look like so far I czant get that nice borwn look im looking for always a lil on lean side or like today plugs are are black looking and a little wet. banghead

my bad,

oil ratio is 40:1 Klotz 93 octane

378460[/snapback]

That should be fine.Might try a 280.Might first try staying with the 300 and move the clip up one notch on the needle.It's mostly trial and error.