stuck throttle

I went for a ride the other day and was in 3rd gear and let off the throttle and it kept going.I punched the throttle and it stopped.It does it every now and then.The more I ride it seems to snap out of it.What is causeing this and how can I fix it. thanks

pull the tops off your carbs, spray some carb cleaner in the bores. then take some scotch brite pad and run it thru the bore and then on the slides. really get the bottom edge there are casting scratches on it and it catches on the bore sides.

when you get it some what smooth. spray carb cleaner on everything to clean up any thing else. put back to gether and it should be almost perfect

Ive had this happen to me before, did you get into any water? Water makes it hold WFO on my bike. Iam not talking a pond or a lake, iam talking about a 6" deep puddle. Glad I go in circles and ride at  the dunes.

376220[/snapback]

That is exactley what happend I was trail riding and hit a puddle pretty hard then my throttle started sticking.I will clean out the carbs for the hell of it.Why did the water make it stick.Also I have not removed the tors yet .I want to but Im a little nervous about installing the removal kit the whole driling and tapping