34mm pj's

kw04

how close do you think they will be?

370032[/snapback]

NEVER too close to put em on and go for it. They can't tell how the air density is in your area, and they can't tell how dry/humid it is. NO ONE can get you right on, not me, them or anyone here. They'll get it somewhat close, but you'll still have to do some plug checking and adjustments..

Do a search for plug chop and that's what you'll have to do when you get them on.

Scott

it will probally start, after that its all you, theres some short cuts that will get you really close after your first ride, search for Ben's jetting FAQ, it will help tons.........if your adding them to a fresh bore it might be a little harder, id start rich on the main and then back off rather than lean and then richen, it will be less work, i have pj 34's and if your motor wants alot of air and fuel, fresh plugs and a chop will tell you a lot, if your just uping from the stockers youll have to choke the shit out of the 34's, making an opened up 26-28 almost a better choice. if you can id jett it where i was gonna ride it, i have a buddy who jetts his bike at 5000 feet at his house then goes and rides it at 500 below sea level and wonders why it runs like shit........

well they said they would be close what jets do you guys think i should get as extras maybe. get like 2 sizes up and down on the mains as well as the pilots?

if it helps right around sea level

Edited by kw04

another stupid question.

how far closed should the slides be. because i hooked all the cables and everthing up but there seemes to be a big gap.

idle screws turned all the way down. adjusters on carb caps turned in all the way as to put more cable in the slide. so if someone could give me an idea of the gap size i would appreaciate it

where as the stock carbs would close all the way

the slides should hit the bottom of the carbs if they dont you need to adjust them to where they do that.

then adjust them where they move off the bottom exactlythe same time . it can be a major pain in the ass.

34 from sudco come with ceg needles and 155 mains. the needles will make the bike run like crap well on mine it did. i would suggest some CEK,CEL, OR DEK, DEL

they should get you going pretty good.