Yamaha Banshee Question

Im thinking about buying a yamaha banshee, but I ride trails, and fields and jumps and stuff. In the trails there is alot of mud sometimes, I'm wondering if getting a banshee muddy is bad for it because its liquid cooled and mud could cover the radiator up front??? please respond  banghead

369994[/snapback]

no dude its all good...Ive rode in mud countless times and im talkin where you cant even see the color of the fourwheeler afterwards and its always made it fine. besides if it does get hot youll be able to tell cus it will probably boil over just a little bit or start steaming and will lose power but you would be able to tell by common sense long before that and then just turn it off for like 10 minutes or so...its never happened to me but it could Im sure but it would take alot...you can also put mr.clean and water mix on it when its clean and the mud will run right off.

Also How often do you replace top ends in banshees and what other maint. is required different than a 4-stroke.

370000[/snapback]

well personally I change the top end every 30 hours of riding but i hear you were supposed to change it every 20 but it works fine for me...and other maintenence I would say is change oil, clean carbs about ever 15 hours of riding, jets, spark plugs, grease the fittings on a-arms and swingarm, change reeds out every 40 hours, and repack silencers everytime you change top end. other than that you should be good but i cant remember if Im missing anything.

top end every 30 hours

change oil, clean carbs about ever 15 hours of riding, jets, spark plugs

change reeds out every 40 hours, and repack silencers everytime you change top end.

:blink:

Seems like i dont maintain my bike verry well then.

:blink:

Seems like i dont maintain my bike verry well then.

370013[/snapback]

no im not sayin you have to do that...I admit it is very expensive but it ensures that itll last alot longer...but the first time I ever changed my top end it had been a year since I first bought it but ever since I have done it the right way

:confused:
well personally I change the top end every 30 hours of riding but i hear you were supposed to change it every 20 but it works fine for me...and other maintenence I would say is change oil, clean carbs about ever 15 hours of riding, jets, spark plugs, grease the fittings on a-arms and swingarm, change reeds out every 40 hours, and repack silencers everytime you change top end.
Edited by MILO