Shock covers for YFZ 450 front shocks.

Dark Ranger

Just so you know, I didn't mention anything about removing them. I was wondering how others felt about them being the only protection from dirt. It's quite clear by looking at them that they were intended to be on there, but it also looks like they were designed to help protect the shaft of the shock.

thats fine,,,,js trying to help

I personally dont run covers,,,Maybe once I get my Elkas I might change my mind but I dont like the covered look also I would think that they might holld in moisture and dirt inside the cover. js my opinion

Edited by Donoyfz450

No problem, I asked for opinions.  It's a tough decision, cover the shocks for protection or leave them uncovered so they can be seen.

369178[/snapback]

I had my stockers covered for 2 months. Took them off to put on my YFZ450's and they were rusted to hell, but for some reason I put them back on my 450's after the install........go figure :shrugani:

here's a crazy idea.....take em off when you wash the bike and leave em off till you go riding again. squirt a lil WD40 on the shocks every now and then to get out the moisture....

i dont use covers, but then again i'm running stockers... :)