New 05 Silverado

We got a brand new 05 Silverado LS today. I'll get some pics up pretty soon. We got it for 14500 out the door, we traded the sierra in for 8k, so it was a pretty good deal. I'd like to put an exhaust system on it, but I don't know what to get. I want something stupidly loud. any suggestions?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i put a S.S. gibson 3in cat back system on my 02.

got almost 1 mpg more than usual. didnt feel the hp but anyways.

its far from loud. barely more than stock but has nice tone.

thanks guys. right now I'm looking at the corsa because the sounds really good. I looked for glasspacks but I couldnt find any. My cousin has them on his c10 and they sound awesome, but I couldnt find any for this truck. http://www.corsaperf.com/flashsilverado.htm

they sound pretty loud. the only difference is our truck is a 4.8l.

I'm not a big fan of the glass packs...especially on new trucks. Can't stand the way they sound. If you want sound and HP go with a American Thunder series exhaust system from Flowmaster. They are dual chambered 50 series mufflers with pre-bent tubing that comes with it...or you could just get the mufflers and have an exhaust shop do the tubing. But I like the mandrel bent tubing that comes with the system cause it doesn't leave the wrinkles in the bends for a little better flow. And if you are gonna go with dual exhaust you might want to consider getting an H-pipe or X-pipe of some sort.

What motor does this truck have in it? If its a 6.0...they are rediculous loud with flowmasters on them especially if you get rid of the cats. I personally, jmo, would go with Borla or Corsa. I prefer the borla sound. Not sure if they sell the adjustable system for the trucks, i know they do for camaros. The adjustable system is LOUD with you have all the plates out and sounds awesome. Also, you may want to consider removing the cats, if your state will let you, and install a chambered muffler. I love the way those old 69 ss camaro's sound. The factory 427 cars and some others had chambered exhaust . you can get a stainless chambered muffler for like 75 bucks or so. I think summit sells them too. I like the sound, you may not.

If you don't mind spendin the money, i'd say a good set of jet coated headers and a borla stainless system would do that truck wonders in the power department and sound.

I think he has the 5.3 L V8.. Our 8.1L V8 sounds sweet with flowmaster on it.. it has a great sound to it.. But then again thats a big block... I have magnaflow on my 5.0L V8, its not that great..so i wouldn't recommend those, i dony know what one i got, but its not loud enough.. Always had good luck with flowmasters tho, they sound amazing :headbang:

EDITED: Oops i saw he said he had a 4.8L, i would put flowmasters on that especially.. Make is sound like a V8..

Eric :cheers:

its just a small v8 but it is a v8. I really like the sound of the corsa exhaust. I'm not looking for a dual exhaust system. just performance and something ridiculously loud. we had a flowmaster on the sierra and it sounds great and added some power but its not the sound Im looking for. The corsa sounds kind of like a hot rod or something.