Need help with my Dirtbike

Im trying to take all of the plastics off and repaint them, i have them all off except for the one on the gas tank, the bolt seems to be stripped into the gas tank and it wont come out. Is there any way i can get this off without cutting my plastic, buying a new gas tank etc.... banghead ive been trying for like an hour.

Get a dremel and Cut a slash into the bolt. Use a screw driver from there to get it off!!!

Im trying to take all of the plastics off and repaint them, i have them all off except for the one on the gas tank, the bolt seems to be stripped into the gas tank and it wont come out. Is there any way i can get this off without cutting my plastic, buying a new gas tank etc.... banghead
Edited by ellison445

You should always have a dremel handy, they will save your life at times :headbang:

365693[/snapback]

thanks man i appreciate it, i just bought one from home depot for 30 bones, bout the same price as one of those cheap ebays with their jacked up shipping. anyways im cut a slash in the bolt, and im about to pry that sucker out. im not sure how though because it seems the threads IN the gas tank are stripped and its just spinning the plastic in there

You should always have a dremel handy, they will save your life at times :headbang:

365693[/snapback]

i will def. second that. dremels rule! ive got the cool one where you can have like an extention and move a little hose like 3 feet and bend it for where the attatchment goes B) (if you could understand that) lol :P

What does this bolt hold on? is it one that holds on a shroud or something, or one that attaches the tank to the frame? Use a drill (or your new dremel) and try and

drill/grind off the head of the bolt to see whats underneath... its sounds as though a nut that is suposed to be molded into your tank is spinning. If that is the case you may have to pry the nut out and epoxy in a new one :shrugani:

just be careful not to rip into your tank , or ignite your tank,garage,house etc..;)

Edited by KGL